PayPal Credit Not Connecting (QMAC)

jbQ Media
jbQ Media Member ✭✭
Last May Quicken stopped updating PayPal Credit transactions.
Quicken Connect and PayPal went to a new connection method, which broke the ability to connect to PayPal credit.
Although I see PayPal Credit and Crypto as an option, when I get to PayPal it always only shows my regular PayPal account.
I just spent 90 minutes on with Quicken Support, went through every possible connection scenario, but... failure.
My PayPal Credit account doesn't show up in the Account dropdown after login to PayPal via Quicken.
It's been almost a year since it broke, and I hoped you would have found a solution by now.
If somebody has figured this out, please let me know.
It appears that Quicken and PayPal are not working on this issue together. This is poor customer service on both ends.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @jbQ Media,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

We do currently have an active alert regarding PayPal Credit account(s) not being discovered after going through the OAuth flow. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jbQ Media
    jbQ Media Member ✭✭
    It might be a good idea to update your phone support people so they are aware of this information before wasting an hour of my time on the phone
  • I have the same issue. The last time my PayPal Credit account was successfully linked to the "PayPal Credit, Master Card, and Crypto" connection was in Feb. 2023. I just spend a good 45 mins on the phone with PayPal Credit tech support - the best they could do was Google the problem and find this same thread.

Quicken's financial institution connection search results in two options, "PayPal" and the one above, PayPal, Credit, Master Card, and Crypto (PPCMCC). I have two accounts in Quicken; the first is my regular PayPal account which connects fine to the PayPal connection. The second account I have in Quicken is my PayPal Credit account which no longer works with the PPCMCC connection.

I hope you can resolve this soon!

Thanks, Tom

Quicken loyalist since 1989.

• angry_user
    angry_user Member ✭✭
    The problem with connecting to payal credit just started happening to me too. It spins and doesn't prompt for two factor method like it used to. Then fails. Resetting the account does not fix it.
  • angry_user
    angry_user Member ✭✭
    If it helps the error is CC-902
  • richcoleman67
    richcoleman67 Member ✭✭

I am having the same problem, but I don't even get an error message. It says that the account has been updated, with 0 new transactions. There have been 2 updates to Quicken since this problem was first reported. It would be nice if one of them had contained a solution.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• jbQ Media
    jbQ Media Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023

[Removed-Off Topic/Speculation].

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to join this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

We do have an active alert regarding PayPal Credit users being unable to download transactions. You can follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date with any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. If you do not see the option to bookmark, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Slick8791
    Slick8791 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Last update to that Alert link was on May 9th that it was still ongoing with no ETA. I am still unable to Add my Paypal Credit account. Are there any updates to the overall issue?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Slick8791,

For updates, please refer to the Community Alert previously provided above by @Quicken Jasmine as any and all available updates and information will be provided within the Alert as they become available.

We do not have any further information available beyond what has already been posted in the Alert.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tim_CO
    Tim_CO Member

Same problem here. Anytime I try to add PayPal Credit, Mastercard, & Crypto I get prompted to request an access code by text. I receive the code and enter it when prompted. Things spin for a while and then it errors out. No error codes are listed. It gives me the option to try again which also fails. This has been happening for weeks if not months. Current Quicken Version is R49.33, build 27.1.49.33. OS is Windows 11 Enterprise. Please help!

• angry_user
    angry_user Member ✭✭
    The link provided by @Quicken Jasmine gives an unhappy face permission denied error and I still cannot download from paypal credit. It does prompt for the the 2FA when I try to setup online services but then it fails.
  • angry_user
    angry_user Member ✭✭
    Ok the first link provided by @Quicken Jasmine at the start of the thread does not work but the second link provided on 5/9 does work. It states there is an ongoing issue with paypal credit, no eta to fix and last update on 5/9. Very helpful.
  • angry_user
    angry_user Member ✭✭
    It still doesn't work after the update. Why can't your dev team fix this?
  • Still broken… I have been manually adding what I need but this should have been fixed by now. Very poor support.

• FYI - for now you can download your transactions via paypal and just manually import the file into Quicken.

• This has been going on for 3 months now. A couple of times, I could completely delete PayPal Credit and re-add the account, which would give me my current balance. A week ago, I deleted the account again, but this time I cannot re-add it to Quicken. Things are going in the wrong direction.

• ReneeD
    ReneeD Member

This really is very disappointing. I disconnected the account and tried to reconnect it. I get an error message that says that Quicken cannot find any accounts associated with my login. 😏 Funny, I can log into my PayPal MasterCard account with the same log in information. I use my PP MC almost exclusively. I'm getting tired of manually entering stuff. (Yep, I'm lazy.) I specifically don't use my Venmo or Apple cards because they do not connect to Quicken but that's their fault. This issue with PayPal is an error on the part of Quicken.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

I was just able to re-add my Paypal accounts into Quicken and previous transactions that I had entered manually have downloaded.

• ronin1
    ronin1 Member

Yes, I just re-added my PayPal Credit account. It only downloaded a current balance, no recent history. We'll see if the fix is complete after some new transactions.

• jbQ Media
    jbQ Media Member ✭✭
    I just tried to connect my PayPal credit account, and got error messages and a fail.
  • nancycarr
    nancycarr Member ✭✭

It's too bad we have to spend hours trying to fix something that can't be fixed! Will they let us know when it's fixed? Or, do we just keep trying?

• nancycarr
    nancycarr Member ✭✭

Too much work. I'll stop using Paypal for now.

• Paul Gerardi
    Paul Gerardi Member ✭✭

This is unbelievable, problem since May & still no resolution. Something needs to be done to escalate this issue.

• Joe_Ak
    Joe_Ak Member ✭✭

It's been ongoing for months now. When will this be fixed?

• USNA72
    USNA72 Member

Oh well, I decided to add all my accounts to Quicken for the first time and ran into this error then spent a couple of hours on the web and PayPal to see if there was a separate log-on to Synchrony.

It would be nice if Quicken gave you a warning that this feature was currently unavailable instead of "Try Again." I decided to use Quicken to save time logging into other accounts, and I really like the web and mobile options. Unfortunately, that experience spoiled my enthusiasm.

• Amazes me a big company cant get a simple connection to another company. Come on Quicken I use Paypal for everything and I need to keep track of my expenses. Already 4 months and no updates????

This discussion has been closed.