AMEX is duplicating transactions

Options

I have 2 American Express accounts. When I do an automatic update, Quicken is duplicating my entries on each of my American Express accounts. This results in not having accurate spending information, making budgeting impossible. This all started with this latest update. Previous to that, transactions were correctly going into each American Express account. How can I fix this? Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @barbarar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Was this a one time event after Quicken updated, or has it been downloading duplicates every time you update your accounts in Quicken? Is it duplicating everything in the accounts, just recent transactions, or is it more random what duplicates? What troubleshooting have you already attempted for this issue? If you haven't already tried it, I'd recommend taking a look at this support article.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• barbarar
    barbarar Member
    Options

The duplication just started after this update. It seems like it went back to January 1, 2023 in duplicating transactions and it seems to be random. Also I've noticed that the recent transactions (which aren't being duplicated) are not being put on the correct AMEX card. It's all sort of a jumble and it's making it very hard to organize the accounts properly. The only troubleshooting I was able to do was to go back and check all the transactions on both AMEX accounts in Quicken and delete the duplicates - very time consuming.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

I am sorry for the trouble caused @Barbara. Can you please let us know if this occurs again? Otherwise you can restore a backup from before the start of the issue. For steps to restore a backup, click here.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.