How can I revert my accounts as they were before I used Express Web Connect

Options
pleroux
pleroux Member ✭✭

I used Web Connect only once after a long trip abroad with many transactions. Since then, my accounts all show Express Web Connect on top, and I find this very annoying because when I reconcile, I have to choose to download or not etc. I also lost many transactions I had before that first Web Connect download. Is there a way I can bring my accounts back to the way they used to be?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello @pleroux,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

For clarification; exactly which method did you use prior to Express Web Connect? Did you manually enter transactions yourself, or were you using a 2-step download format (downloading a QFX file from your bank's website and importing it to Quicken?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pleroux
    pleroux Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Before using Express Web Connect, I always entered the transactions manually.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

You mentioned that you lost transactions when you connected your accounts? Did it add the connected accounts as new accounts with the old information in the offline account, or did it connect to the previously offline accounts and remove information from those account registers?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• pleroux
    pleroux Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by the offline accocunts. It's not so much that I lost transations but some accounts did not go back as far as before. My chequing account show "last download September 29, 2022 (Express Web Connect)" Same thing with the Savings Account. Both only go back to the 3rd and 26th of July 2022. My Visa Account has not been affected and goes back to January 2019. My Mastercard shows "last download October 2nd, 2022 (Web Connect)" I did not know that trying out the web downloads would create such havoc in my acccounts. Are there good articles on this? I really appreciate your help.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

By "offline accounts", I mean accounts that you update manually and do not have connected to any financial institution in your Quicken.

What you describe makes it sound like at least some of the accounts may have been added as new accounts rather than linking to the accounts that had your manual entries. You can check that by going to Tools>Account List. If there are hidden accounts, you will see a checkbox in the lower left that gives you the option to show hidden accounts. Check that box if it is there and review your account list.

You would be looking to see if you have any duplicate accounts (on that thinks its connected and the other not connected). You can tell if an account is connected or not by looking at the Transaction Download column in the account list. If it says "yes", then Quicken thinks the account is connected.

If you did end up with duplicate accounts, then its likely the missing history would be in the account that isn't connected while the connected account would be limited to what the financial institution made available for download at the time you connected it.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.