Still Having Download Issues with Wells Fargo

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Wells Fargo Bank transactions not downloading.

Comments

• rhman44
    rhman44 Member

I received an email saying the Wells Fargo issues had been resolved.

Is this being added to a product update?

I still have the issue of not being able to download any transaction from Wells Fargo at all.

One step update appears for work normally with no error messages but no transactions are downloaded.

• Hello @rhman44,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is your account(s) connected via Express Web Connect or Direct Connect? To check that, go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to the account name. Click on the Online Services tab. It will show you there which financial institution the account is connected to and the connection method.

If you have a VPN, firewall, or antivirus active, try temporarily disabling it and see if you are able to download from your financial institution.

Also, if you have not already tried, go to the account register, click the gear icon in the upper right corner, and select Update now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rhman44
    rhman44 Member

Still did not work. No error message either.

It appears to work normally but no transaction downloads.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @rhman44,

Thanks for providing more information.

Could you please answer the other questions asked by @Quicken Kristina so we may further assist you?

We look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mark Lang
    Mark Lang Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem one step update runs & all accounts but wells fargo update,
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Mark Lang,

Thank you for joining the discussion. Are you getting any error messages? Are you connected to Wells Fargo via Express Web Connect or Direct Connect (my earlier post shows how to check)? How long has this issue been happening?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Quixote
    Quixote Member ✭✭

Same issue here but I am getting OL-393-A message.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Quixote,

Thank you for joining this thread.

We do currently have an ongoing active alert regarding Wells Fargo users receiving an OL-393 error, among others. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAS, or resolutions that may occur. If you do not see the option to bookmark, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AndrewDB
    AndrewDB Member

Same Issue.

When I attempt to update, it gives me a CC-800 error. I am using a Direct Connect method. When I attempt to "Fix It" it gives me the Connectivity Problems troubleshooter and when I "Try Updating Now" it say it was successful, but nothing was downloaded or updated, and I still have the red Stop symbol on the Account List on my left column.

When i click on that red stop symbol it gives me the Add Account dialog box. When I put in my login for info for Wells it gives me an OL-297-A error and says I am unable to establish an internet connection, which is odd since all of the other accounts seem to work fine.

• AndrewDB
    AndrewDB Member

Ignore the above - this is the correct message:

Same Issue.

When I attempt to update, it gives me a CC-800 error. When I attempt to "Fix It" it gives me the Connectivity Problems troubleshooter and when I "Try Updating Now" it say it was successful, but nothing was downloaded or updated, and I still have the red Stop symbol on the Account List on my left column.

I am using an Express Web Connect methos. When I click on that red stop symbol or when i attempt to Improve the Connection Method at the Account List, it gives me the Add Account dialog box. When I put in my login for info for Wells it gives me an OL-297-A error and says I am unable to establish an internet connection, which is odd since all of the other accounts seem to work fine.

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @AndrewDB,

Thank you for joining the discussion. To troubleshoot the CC-800 error, I would recommend that you first backup your Quicken file, then follow the instructions in this article to resolve the error.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• JRR
    JRR Member ✭✭

Story of the last 10 days trying to download transactions to my Wells Fargo account: I'm on Windows 10, Quicken Deluxe R49.33. I'm using Express Web Connect for my WFB account. One step update completes without error messages, updates received for all other non-WFB accounts, but no transactions show up for my WFB account. I can go to the WFB site and download the activity and manually import the transactions. I reset the account several times and also deactivated and activated the account 4 times and no change.

• AndrewDB
    AndrewDB Member

Thank you Quicken Kristina, but that did nothing to solve the problem.

When I went to re-activate the WF account, it did not connect to WF. When I tried to do it as Express, it said "Sorry, we encountered an error. (Its not your fault.) Quicken is having trouble connecting to Wells Fargo Bank" When I tried to do the Direct method, it gave me the same OL-297-A error I mentioned above.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

Which version of Windows do you use (8, 10, 11, something else)? Do you use a PC with Windows as the main operating system, or a computer with a different main operation system and Windows in a virtual machine? Do you use a VPN, firewall, or antivirus? If so, have you tried pausing that software to see if you are able to update your Wells Fargo account with the software paused? Have you checked the security settings on your default browser? Sometimes if the security is too high, it is unable to save the cookies needed for Quicken to properly communicate with the financial institution.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• AndrewDB
    AndrewDB Member

Al lof the other credit cards, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, and my checking accounts all seem to work fine in Quicken, so I fail to understand why only WF would not connect.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

For me to assist you, please answer the questions I asked on 30 May. If you would rather not answer those questions, then I recommend you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.