Capital One 360 account not connecting

Options
ext
ext Member

Hello,

Connecting my Capital One 360 account to Quicken fails. I get a "username or password incorrect" message from the Capital One webiste when I try to login via the oauth flow.

I'm sure the credentials are correct (I am using a password manager). I've tried "Capital One 360" and "Capital One - New" entries on the Quicken connection wizard. I've spoken with Capital One tech support and they suspect the issue is on Quicken's side, yet their tech support was unable to provide any useful direction.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

PS I'm using Quicken for Mac Version 7.0.1 (Build 700.48728.100).

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ext,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ext
    ext Member
    Options

Sure, see attached.

(Note that the username and password are indeed correct, as they are pasted from my password manager and work when I sign in at https://verified.capitalone.com/auth/signin?Product=ENTERPRISE#/accountSummary)

• ext
    ext Member
    Options

Ah I figured out a workaround! If I am already signed into the account in the browser that the Quicken directs the request to, the auth flow executes without a prompt. That works. N.b. this is still broken if you aren't signed in.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ext,

Thanks for coming back to update us and for sharing the steps that you took.

I am happy to hear that you were able to sign in and authorize your account(s)!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.