Windows 11 Quicken slow to start

Options

for over a month or more it has been taking Q 4-5 minutes to start.

The same on a backup.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Bluemax36,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this happening on a new computer running Windows 11, or is this happening on a computer that you upgraded to Windows 11? Did the issue start as soon as the computer was upgraded or the file was moved onto the Windows 11 computer? Is it the program itself that is being slow to start, or is it the Quicken file being slow to open (or both)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• theebtcrosby
    Options

same type of issue. In last couple of weeks, when I first start Quicken, the qw.exe screen is blank except for under the Quicken Deluxe banner, 2 entries "File Help" Quicken seems to freeze for a minute or two. During this time, Windows Resource Monitor Status field shows qw.exe is "suppended"

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @theebtcrosby,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this happening on a new computer running Windows 11, or is this happening on a computer that you upgraded to Windows 11? Did the issue start as soon as the computer was upgraded or the file was moved onto the Windows 11 computer? Is it the program itself that is being slow to start, or is it the Quicken file being slow to open (or both)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lpasekof
    lpasekof Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. I'm on Quicken for Windows R48.15, Build 27.1.48.15. Recently Windows updated with 2023-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 22H2 (KB5024239). While I can not directly associate the slow down in Quicken with the Windows update it is a possibility. I spoke to Quicken Support, case number 10201426. We determined it is likely the computer/OS and not Quicken. When I booted in Safe Mode Quicken came up quickly and opened the current file. Out of Safe Mode it is VERY SLOW…like go get a cup of coffee slow. I have gone through my startup services and disabled almost everything and then reenabled one at a time. Nothing I do speeds things up. I even uninstalled the Windows Update with no affect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken 2x, again no change.

At this point, unless someone has any ideas I'm at a loss.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@lpasekof when you start in Safe mode is it with networking enabled or disabled?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Brewno
    Brewno Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same slow startup described by user lpasekof. I'm useing Quicken for Windows R49.22 Build 27.1.49.22. It takes 40 seconds from password entry to startup. One Step Update is also very slow to download transactions from USAA. There was a joint or
    co-operative password change about two weeks ago.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.