One Step Update indicating an error but update appears to be working. OBee Credit Union

Options
It appears that my OS update is updating at OBee CU. but I still receive an error that says I cannot download. It's like the updater is stuck in that mode. Not sure where to turn now.
Windows 11 up to date. Quicken subscription current.
DaveR
Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Dave Robinson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What is the specific error message and error code? Are you able to include a screenshot of the error you are getting (with any personal information obscured or blurred)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate it when I enter my comments and screen shots then accidentally close the browser... it all goes away!

The first image is the first indication that there is a problem, no error code. I update again, same thing, follow the trouble shooting steps and the process ends with "SUCCESS!". However, the problem persists.

The second screen shot is the OSU Summary which does have an error code = cc-506

This is mostly an irritating issue since it seems the Update does complete beneath the error. Still it poses a question as to the accuracy of the update.

DaveR
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just read up on the cc-506 where NVCU is concerned. This error arises from a CU as well.

OBee Credit Union.

DaveR
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend backing up your file, then following these steps from this article:

Deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts:

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A);
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List;
    3. Click the Edit button next to each account, click on the Online Services tab, then click the Deactivate button;
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution and Account Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List;
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken;
    7. Go to Tools>Add Account;
    8. Walk through this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented, UNTIL you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution;
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

If the account was closed, deactivate it from future online updates

1. Choose Tools>Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to deactivate.
    3. In the Account Details dialog, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate to stop downloading transactions for this account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.