Partnership Market Value Inaccuracy

Options
Jonathan G.
Jonathan G. Member
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)

After setting the value for a partnership with a "Partnership - Set Value" transaction, Quicken correclty changes the share price form $1.00 to reflect the new value. However, when entering subsequent capital calls, Quicken should use the new share price but instead continues to use a share price of $1.00. This results in an inaccurate market value after the capital call which should equal the market value before the capital call plus the capital call amount.

Let me give an example. The initial $10,000 capital call is recorded by Quicken as 10,000 shares at $1.00 per share. The market value afterward is set to $9,000 ($0.90 per share). If the next capital call is $9,000, Quicken is entering the transaction as 9,000 shares at $1.00 per share with a market value of $17,100 (19,000 shares at $0.90 per share). The correct market value after the second captial call should be $18,000 (20,000 shares at $0.90 per share).

Can Quicken plese fix this problem? The only workaround I can think of is to manually change the share price and number of shares for each capital call transaction.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jonathan G.,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, the issue is that regardless of what you set the total value of the partnership's interest to, when you do a capital call, Quicken assumes you're paying $1 per share? Are you willing to provide screenshots of the issue (with personal information obscured or blurred out)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.