How to get Projected Balance to next paycheck (Q Mac)

Options

I switched from Quicken 2017 for Windows to Quicken V7 for Mac. When I used the Windows version, on my home screen, there was a section which showed my projected balance until my next pay day. How do I get that on the Mac? I don't 2 weeks projected balance. I want projected until my next pay day.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @RAbel1975,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. There isn't a specific tool that lets you choose til your next payday. However, the calendars section will let you view the actual balances from past and current days and projected balances on days in the future (based off of bill and income reminders). You can use the gear icon to customize the calendar and make sure it is looking at only the accounts you want it looking at.

I hope that helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RAbel1975
    RAbel1975 Member
    Options

Thank you, but why would that feature be removed? I used that ever time I used Quicken. This is not good. What is the most recent version that still has that feature, because I do not want to use any version without it?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@RAbel1975 No features have been removed. Quicken Mac is a different program from Quicken Windows, and as such, it has some features not in Quicken Windows, lacks some features which are in Quicken Windows, and has some features which are different but achieve the same thing. Quicken Windows has been continually developed over 30 years; the original Quicken Mac reached a dead end in 2007, and the current Quicken Mac program is the result of starting over from scratch about a decade ago. There are still lots of features users want to have added to Quicken Mac, and the development teams chips away at the feature wishlist — albeit slower than everyone would like. The Home Dashboard screen in Quicken Mac is new in the past few months, and the developers are still adding features to it with each release — so it's possible something along the lines of what you're looking for might be under development.

If you decide you must have this feature now, I suppose you'll have to return to Quicken Windows — which you can run on your Mac in a virtual machine environment using software like Parallels to run Windows on your Mac.

But are you sure using the Calendar which Kristina suggested above wouldn't get you what you're looking for? If you create a calendar which has just your checking account, or whatever cash/ & credit card accounts you previously included in your projected balance, then looking at the calendar will show your projected balance daily, so you can easily see your projected balance on your next payday. Wouldn't that work?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RAbel1975
    RAbel1975 Member
    Options

Thank you for that great explanation! I will have to look at the calendar more closely. I tried to look at projected balances, but the only filter item that is close to my paydays is every two weeks, which only works if I check it on my payday. If the calendar shows projected balance by days, then that would be an acceptible workaround. It's just frustrating because I'm used to the Windows version where I can co to my home screen and see ecactly what I'm looking for.

This discussion has been closed.