Discover - Online Balance Correct, but no Downloads

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: One Step Update Summary excludes Discover Card/Bank Accounts.

Comments

• TomKap
    TomKap Member
    Options

I am having a simiular issue with Discover. In One Step Update the Online Balance is correct, but the transactions are not downloading. On the Discover website they no longer provide a link to download to Quicken.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TomKap,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Discover no longer offers Web Connect, which would be why they no longer provide a link, but Express Web Connect should still work. When was the last successful download into your Discover account(s)? Are you getting any error messages and/or error codes?

Have you verfied on the financial institution website that the transactions that aren't downloading are posted and not still in pending status? Are any of the transactions past 90 days old? Did you check the account register to make sure it is sorted by date and no filters are active?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kionysus
    kionysus Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've got the same problem. My last transaction was on 4/19/23. It connects and tells me the online balance but no transactions will download.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @kionysus,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Have you followed the steps listed in my earlier post? Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to download? Is this issue also with Discover, or a different financial institution?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kionysus
    kionysus Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've verified that there are additional non-pending transactions on the Discover site since 4/19/23 and that the register is sorted by date. It can still connect successfully and shows me the "Online Balance" just no transactions to match the online balance. My connection method is "Express Web Connect" to "Discover Bank". Resetting the account reaps the same results.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @kionysus,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve itPlease, follow the instructions below in order to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding.

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My Discover Bank accounts are not downloading consistently for the last 2 months. I needed to do account resets. Total pain in the butt. Why does Quicken constantly fail to work?
  • kionysus
    kionysus Member ✭✭
    Options
    After following Jasmine's advice this worked. The reason it worked is there is a difference between Discover Card and Discover Bank even though they're on the same website. Quicken at some point got confused in a previous attempt and glued together the two even through they're different connection types.
This discussion has been closed.