No plus sign on the account tab to add an account

Options
saltbrush
saltbrush Member

I'm trying to add a bank account to my quicken account. I was able to add several when I first opened it, but now that I'm ready to try to start using it I need to add another. Everything I read says there should be a "plus" icon to click at the top of the account tab. Mine doesn't show one. Any ideas? I'll try to reach out to customer support when they open. Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

What version of Quicken are you running? Are you on Windows or Mac? How did you get the blue "Q"? I can find no way to make my display look anything like yours in QWin R49.22. Maybe show a bit more of your screen?

I would "guess" that the plus sign might be under the 3 dots.

But in any case, you don't need the plus sign. In the QWin main menu, do Tools > Add Account. If you're on a Mac, I can't help.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can't reproduce what you're showing. What Q product are you running? Note, in particular, the absence of the Q in what I'm seeing

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@saltbrush You can't add accounts from Quicken Web. You must add them in Quicken Desktop and then sync the Quicken Desktop data file with the Quicken Cloud dataset so the it will appear in Quicken Web.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

did you add all these accounts using the Quicken Web app and your browser ?

or - did you also download and install the Quicken Windows or Quicken Mac program - and use that to add accounts ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Chris_QPW That's not true, at least according to the very beginning of the Quicken video on using Quicken Web, which tells users to add their accounts in Quicken web. (Of course, this same video encourages people to start on the web and later, optionally, sync to desktop Quicken — a process which seems to only work if the user does things in precisely the correct order; many users end up losing the data they enter online if they get it wrong.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, that is the "big lie"/bug. When an account/Quicken Id/subscription is first created it is possible to create accounts. But the moment you create the Quicken Desktop data file that feature goes away. In the case of Quicken Mac there is a "beta feature" to sync that Quicken Cloud dataset to the Quicken Mac Desktop data file (first time only), but this is not true for Quicken Windows. The user will have to recreate everything they did in this state of "Quicken Web only mode".

Clearly, they either need to support this fully and leave the ability to create accounts on Quicken Web, and sync to the Quicken Desktop data file "after the fact" like Quicken Mac's "beta feature", but not just once, forever, or they need to stop allowing the user to use Quicken Web initially without first creating a Quicken Desktop data file.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.