Memo field not populated for memorized payees when using online payments

ddashorn
ddashorn Member ✭✭

This problem apparently has been going on for over a year now with others besides me. I have seen other references to it in other discussion threads and Quicken does not seem to be doing anything about it. The problem occurs when you use the online payment function. For memorized payees, it should download memorized information for the memo field so that you do not have to enter it manually each time. For some reason, my Quicken program quit doing that about a year ago. I cannot find a way to fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are others experiencing the same problem? If so, please communicat that to Quicken support so that maybe they will finally fix it.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @ddashorn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Would you please provide more information on how to replicate this issue? Are you referring to online payments using Direct Connect? Are you filling the information in on the register or the Online Center, or someplace else? Are you able to provide screenshots (with personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ddashorn
    ddashorn Member ✭✭
    From all of the comments that I have seen from other people experiencing the same problem, I am surprised that you feel the need to ask me those questions. But, since you have, I'll answer them. I am using Quicken's Online Center. When I click on the "Payments" tab, it opens to show a list of my memorized payees. Until about a year ago, when I would click on one of those payees, it would populate the "memo" field with whatever information I had memorized in that field using a prior payment to that payee. Now, when I click on a payee, it no longer populates that memo field.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your response,

Which financial institution is your payment account with? Have you checked that account to make sure it is connected by Direct Connect? To do that, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account, then click the Online Services tab. It should show you the financial institution and the connection method there.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.