Unable to edit transactions

When I attempt to edit a transaction, instead of the usual screen, I get the search and replace screen:
Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 9.41.40 AM

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Jack's iMac,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did this issue begin to occur? What are the exact steps that you are taking to edit a transaction?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine
  • Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    I only noticed it yesterday. To edit the transaction, I simply right click on the transaction and choose "edit" from the list
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Why can't you select the transaction, directly in the account register, and simply change it there?

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    I'm selecting it in the account register; it's allocated to multiple budget categories and I need to change the allocations. I don't see how to do that other than selecting edit?
  • jerz-joe
    jerz-joe Member ✭✭
    I started to have a similar issue this morning. I noticed that a large amount of money was uncategorized when I did a year-over-year comparison. When I clicked on the specific transaction, which I entered on June 2, 2023, the pop-up flashed and disappeared so I was unable to edit it. Even though I am 99.9% that the transaction was entered correctly and properly categorized, I could not locate it in the account register. When I used the search bar to locate the transaction, it appears in the list with the appropriate amount and notes the appropriate account register. Again, when I clicked on the transaction to edit it, the pop-up flashed and went away.

I really would appreciate your assistance. Thank you.