Unable to edit transactions

Jack's iMac
Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
When I attempt to edit a transaction, instead of the usual screen, I get the search and replace screen:
Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 9.41.40 AM

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Jack's iMac,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did this issue begin to occur? What are the exact steps that you are taking to edit a transaction?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    I only noticed it yesterday. To edit the transaction, I simply right click on the transaction and choose "edit" from the list
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Why can't you select the transaction, directly in the account register, and simply change it there?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    I'm selecting it in the account register; it's allocated to multiple budget categories and I need to change the allocations. I don't see how to do that other than selecting edit?
  • jerz-joe
    jerz-joe Member ✭✭
    I started to have a similar issue this morning. I noticed that a large amount of money was uncategorized when I did a year-over-year comparison. When I clicked on the specific transaction, which I entered on June 2, 2023, the pop-up flashed and disappeared so I was unable to edit it. Even though I am 99.9% that the transaction was entered correctly and properly categorized, I could not locate it in the account register. When I used the search bar to locate the transaction, it appears in the list with the appropriate amount and notes the appropriate account register. Again, when I clicked on the transaction to edit it, the pop-up flashed and went away.

I really would appreciate your assistance. Thank you.
  • Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    I discovered that instead of selecting edit transaction from the menu, I'm able to change the allocations by clicking on the symbol at the far right of the transaction.
This discussion has been closed.