Notes Column in Register (Q Mac)

Options
Jaybird180
Jaybird180 Member ✭✭
I went to the All Transactions and right-clicked and added the notes field to the register. Easy Peasy. Except it doesn't change the default behavior for all of my accounts, I have to do this on EACH account. Is there a way to do this for all?

Thanks.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You can set up similar types of accounts to have the same columns visible, but you'll have to do it multiple times for different types of accounts. For instance, click on a credit card account, click on Columns, check Memo/Notes, and thennat the bottom of the drop-down menu, select "Apply to All Credit Card Accounts". Repeat with a checking account, and brokerage account and a retirement account. Finally, you may want to click on each of the account groups (e.g. Banking, Investing) and sub-groups (e.g. Cash, Credit Cards, Brokerage, Retirement) to add Memo/Notes to those group account registers. It's annoying to have to do multiple times, but it takes only a minute or two to add Memo/Notes to all your accounts and account groups. (Note this adds the column, but if you want the column in a different position, or to have a different widths, then you have to make those tweaks in each register.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Consider voting for this idea thread:

Add Ability to Set Default Columns, Sort and Sizes

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.