OSU Summary display is wrong

Options
lliuphx
lliuphx Member ✭✭✭

Previously, I had problems with a restored file and account activation. I restored from backup a file previous to the latest version install. Validated/Super Validated/Signed out of Quicken account and signed back in. I was able to deactivate &
reactivate all the accounts.

Now the OSU Summary is wrong. OSU seems to be updating all accounts - but only 2 are listed in the OSU summary. And I know that it updated at least 3 accounts; cause a third account not in the summary was flagged for and had downloaded transactions.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @lliuphx,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Did this issue start immediately after the steps you listed above, or was it working properly for a while, then started not listing all the financial institutions that updated in the summary?

The first step to troubleshoot this would be resetting the Quicken Cloud, just in case there is old/outdated information causing this issue. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Click the blue link that says Reset your cloud data.

Note: If you do not have Sync turned on, you will need to turn it on first, click OK, then go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web to reset the cloud. You can turn Sync back off again after the reset completes.

After the cloud reset completes, close your Quicken program, wait about 5 seconds, and reopen it. Then test to see if the issue is still happening.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lliuphx
    lliuphx Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Okay, I tried this - as far as when it started happening; please look at my initial discussion posted on May 6th "Express Web Connect no longer working"; it was happening then too but most of the time I was stuck on trying to activate accounts. So I started over again with an earlier file and basically the behavior is whats in my current post. But I don't feel too bad! After doing the above steps; I still have the OSU summary for 2 credit card accounts listed but my account list has flags for a bank account and 2 investing accounts. It also looks like all of the security values are updated as well. So functionality seems okay- but summary display is funky.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I can see in that earlier post that you restored from a backup and did a validate/super validate. If you are wanting to continue troubleshooting, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file. That will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file, and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.
    Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 2023
    Options

This is a classic case of the runtime.dat file getting corrupted. It is being reported at a high enough frequency that Quicken should list it in Alerts and advise the developers to work on a fix. It also happened to me after a file Restore.

It is unlikely that the file Copy routine will resolve the issue because the corrupted file is found in the Program Data folder which is not part of the Copy rebuild.

In the meantime, @Boatnmaniac has posted a fix in the following thread.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thank you for your response @markus1957,

@lliuphx, to further investigate the issue, we need a screenshot of the One Step Update screen showing the account names? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

If you are not comfortable posting that on a public forum, you can also send that screenshot to us by going to Help>Report a Problem, filling out the information as appropriate, and using the Attach additional files button to send that screenshot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• lliuphx
    lliuphx Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Neither options worked. I am tired of fussing around over this - and now ….

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Are you using a VPN, firewall, or anti-virus? Sometimes those can interfere with communication. Temporarily pausing while trying to send may help.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• lliuphx
    lliuphx Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Tried disabling virus protection and firewall - had same issue.

However, the OSU summary was correct on the following day's update & has been fine ever since. Don't exactly know why but all good !

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm glad to hear the OSU is displaying properly now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.