Mutual fund conversion (How to record conversion of share classes? Using Q Mac)

Options
Kelly4
Kelly4 Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Investing (Mac)

Since Q for Mac inexplicably does not have the ability to record conversion of share classes in a mutual fund, what is the best work around?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Kelly4,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. There is no tool in Quicken for Mac to record the conversion of share classes in a mutual fund. The best work around depends on how much precision is needed. Before you start, backup your file. Then, I would suggest following the processes detailed in this discussion.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kelly4
    Kelly4 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I guess the better question is why does Q for Mac not have the same functionality as the Quicken for Windows version. This is a simple conversion and there should be a tool for it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Kelly4 There are hundreds of features, some large and some small, which exist in the 3-decade-old Quicken Windows which aren't in the 1-decade-old Quicken Mac. Every simple tool and feature needs to be coded from scratch, so every idea is competing for limited developer time.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Kelly4
    Kelly4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    10 years seems like sufficient time to incorporate some fairly basic transactions.
This discussion has been closed.