Flagstar Mortgage unable to connect to bank CC-506

DanZindler
DanZindler Member ✭✭
I deactivated the account in Quicken due to a CC-506 error, when I go to add the account under tools, it says Quicken is having trouble connecting to Flagstar Bank mortgage. Sorry we encountered an error (it's not your fault). Flagstar Bank told me to contact Quicken and we did the trouble shooting to no avail. I notice Flagstar updated their website, anyone else having issues connecting?

Comments

• DSherman
    DSherman Member ✭✭
    Worked fine last month when downloading transactions from my mortgage company. Now I get errors again CC-506 with one step update. Tried to create a new account to link to existing account quicken won't connect to the Bank's server. Thank God i made a backup of my Quicken file because when I Deactivate Online services and try to reactivate the Online Services Tab is gone?
    I believe that I have had two Quicken updates this last month so something in those updates may have made this a reoccurring problem. PLEASE get it resolved.
    Best
    Dave
  • DSherman
    DSherman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    This issued happened back in the fall of 2022. there is a thread somewhere, this is an issue with Quicken it was "Kicked Upstairs" as the moderator said in a post. I do not understand why we are back to square one with this. I was on the Phone yesterday with Flagstar 5/12/2023 they say it's a Quicken issue.
  • JP
    JP Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem as DanZ. Flagstar just revamped their website so I think there are some handshake protocol and maybe a new schema for quicken & Flagstar to work out. I had this problem in the past and had to create a new account in Quicken because once you deactivate you CANNOT reactivate a Flagstar account.
  • harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. I called Flagstar, they said the problem is Quicken not their website. I wish someone from Quicken would respond.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DSherman
    DSherman Member ✭✭
    Anja, I believe you were the one that also responded back in the fall of 2022 with the same response but also included a link for updates on this issue, I did as you asked by submitting a report through the quicken desktop earlier this week. I am pretty sure that this has something to do with two-Step verification required by the Bank. Again this worked fine last month and as I stated in my prior post I believe that I have received two Quicken program updates last month then it became broke again.
    Best
    Dave
  • JP
    JP Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Crazy maddening! Cannot submit help ticket.
    Updated. I sent ticket in only after not including attached files (screenshots)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2cents' worth …
    I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage accounts for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment from your checking account.
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up as offline credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category name seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018 and newer
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register. However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• DSherman
    DSherman Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.
    >
    > While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

Still getting error messages now CC-800. I tried sending a sanitized data file BUT quicken is unable to send when I check that?
    Best
    Dave
  • DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭
    As of May 17 I am now getting the 2 step verification to work when trying to set the account again, Flagstar sends a verification code, I enter it and quicken communicates for a second and then returns the "Sorry we encountered an error its not your fault" and "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Flagstar". Obviously a Quicken issue now since Flagstar is responding with the verification protocol. I also have an empty user profile set up and it does the same thing in that scenario.
  • Kberry
    Kberry Member ✭✭
    same problem. Following for answer
  • DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭
    Still no resolution as of today 5/23:
  • DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭
    Getting CC-501 now.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket # 10258301/CTP-6788)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• brighteyes
    brighteyes Member ✭✭
    I am also receiving CC-501error code when trying to update Flagstar Bank.
  • rdbaker37
    rdbaker37 Member

I am receiving a CC-501 also

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭
    Looks like the issue s resolved as of 5/31. I was able to connect and link the Flagstar Mortgage account back in to Quicken.
  • harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much for the notification. I had been trying to connect every day, gave up a week ago. We never got any sort of update from Quicken. Very disappointing.
  • harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    I find that Direct Connect still does not work.
  • harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    Apparently, Flagstar no longer supports Quicken Direct Connect. They support Express Web Connect only. Quicken Bank Bill Pay does not work with Express Web Connect. So, if like me, you use Quicken Bill Pay, you'll need to change to a different bank. I went through this same change last year, with Chase Bank.

Quicken had to know that Flagstar was making this change. They certainly could have posted the information, save us all a lot of frustration. Support from Quicken is very much lacking.
This discussion has been closed.