Why am I getting a OL-393-A error when my transactions are downloading correctly?

Joe Sandfort
Joe Sandfort Member ✭✭
Within the past week, I've started getting an OL-393-A error when I download transactions from my credit union. I have three accounts with the credit union, and all transactions are downloading correctly. I've followed the fixes I've seen online and in Quicken help -- deactivating and re-activating my credit union account; verifying that all login information is correct, etc. When I get the error, I've clicked on the help area in the error message -- and none of the accounts are listed as having a problem. I do not use bill pay and have not enable scheduled transactions. My credit union says it's a Quicken problem and Quicken says it's the credit union's fault. I am using a PC with Quicken Deluxe version R49.29. The connection method is Direct Connect. Thank you for your help.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Joe Sandfort,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide the full name of the financial institution you are experiencing this error with?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Joe Sandfort
    Joe Sandfort Member ✭✭
    OnPoint Credit Union
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Joe Sandfort,

Thank you for providing more information.

An OL-393 error can occur for any of the following reasons:

• The Quicken account has some incorrect account information or is hidden.
    • The Quicken account is activated for download, but the financial institution no longer has the account available on their server.
    • The Quicken account has online bill payment activated, but it has not been signed up for at the financial institution.

You may follow this link to access a FAQ which provides more information as well as some troubleshooting steps to take. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Joe Sandfort
    Joe Sandfort Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response. I stated in my question that I had already tried the solutions you mentioned above. In any case, since my last post, my credit union has started working with Quicken to determine what is going wrong. If possible, I will post what I find out so that we can help future Quicken customers who face a similar problem
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Joe Sandfort,

Thanks for coming back to update us.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Joe Sandfort
    Joe Sandfort Member ✭✭
    Will do. Thank you, Jasmine
  • Joe Sandfort
    Joe Sandfort Member ✭✭
    I think that I may have found a solution to the connectivity problem -- and hope that it may help other OnPoint customers who are having similar issues. Before the OnPoint's upgrade (which took place in early May), I discovered that Quicken was using the "Direct Connect" method to connect to Quicken. This no longer worked after the upgrade. This morning, I changed my connection method to "Express Web Connect" and everything seems to be working fine, at least temporarily.
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Joe Sandfort,

Thank you for reaching back out to update us. 

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.