Unable to Add Visa acct from First Community CU Missouri

Options

Has anyone with First Community CU in Missouri been able to add their Visa credit card acct. using on-line services? I recently opened a Visa account and when I attempt to setup it up with on-line services I'm only presented with my existing accounts… the credit card account isn't being recognized.

Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @condor723,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine if this is caused by an issue within your data file or a potential bug within the Quicken program.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file.  Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to try adding the account you were unable to add in your original file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• condor723
    condor723 Member
    Options

Thanks, for your response.

I created the new test file and then added the accounts from my financial institution with same results. Only the checking and savings accounts were added… the Visa credit card account was NOT.

I found this outstanding issue on Quicken support "ONGOING 4/19/23 Multiple Banks - "Quicken couldn't find any accounts to add" could my problem be related or is this a separate issue?

Thanks for your assistance.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @condor723,

Thank you for providing more information and for attempting the test file.

That specific alert would not be related to your situation as it involves users actually receiving an error message that states "Quicken couldn't find any accounts to add".

Due to the same issue occurring in your main file as in the test file, we recommend reaching out to First Community Credit Union of Missouri for further assistance as this indicates an issue with the way they are sending information through the servers. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• condor723
    condor723 Member
    Options

OK… I have talked with support from FC, but have yet to talk with a manager (hopefully tomorrow) however, I was able to get some indication FC Quicken users have always been unable to add Visa credit card accts. So, since Quicken works with these institutions to enable them to interface with Quicken, can any moderators explain why their Visa accts would not show up on an acct ADD… and WHY they would not work with FC to resolve this issue if it effects ALL of their Visa acct holders??

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @condor723,

Thanks for coming back to update us.

Unfortunately, this indicates and issue with First Community Credit Union of Missouri's servers, as they mentioned, which Quicken does not have access too. Therefore, we are unable to accurately answer the questions that you have. Your financial institution would be able to assist you with answering those questions.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At first glance, the list of financial institutions supported by Quicken shows two entries for First Community Credit Union of Missouri, St. Louis

If this is your bank, which of these entries are you using to try to connect?

• 59043 59043 59043 First Community CU https://www.firstcommunity.com/home.html 855-341-4650 https://www.firstcommunityexpressnet.com/tob/live/usp-core/app/login/consumer ACTIVE CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA
    • 11352 11352 11352 First Community Credit Union http://www.firstcommunity.com 1-800-767-8880 https://www.firstcommunityexpressnet.com/tob/live/usp-core/app/login/consumer ACTIVE BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT BANKING&WEB-CONNECT BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

If you're trying to connect to the first of these two, I'd deactivate all accounts with this bank and, using Tools / Add Account connect to the 2nd bank name instead. Choose the name from the list and click Advanced Options, then select the radio button for "Direct Connect"

• condor723
    condor723 Member
    Options

I appreciate your assistance UKR and I have been using the second entry (First Community Credit Union) to ADD my VISA acct. However, I did attempt to add all of the accts to a NEW test file using the "Direct Connect" advanced option, but to no avail. Since, I have been able to speak with their credit acct support and found out they provide transaction download via QFX files using "Web Connect" but not "Direct Connect" on Visa acct. Their Visa accts are managed by their office in IA and not the home office in Chesterfield. Therefore when adding accts to Quicken only the the accts managed at their home office (checking, savings & loans) are available for "Direct Connect" service in Quicken.

Thanks again for your assistance,

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Weird, but if it works for them …
    Have you ever tried downloading a QFX file from the VISA account and then importing that into Quicken? That should give you transactions, either for a selected date range or for one monthly statement at a time. It's not automatic One Step Update. You need to repeat downloading once every so often, but it's better than nothing.

In this day and age of computers it should be possible for the CU to provide a proper download service with One Step Update. My local CU does. I guess it's just a question of how much money it costs to set up and run such service …

• condor723
    condor723 Member
    Options

Yes I'm familiar with the QFX process… it's manual download QFX file and import.

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post, they also use a third-party processor, so that probably has an impact also.

Thanks again,

This discussion has been closed.