US Bank Update to EWC+ Issue (connection failing on return)

Options

I disconnected my US Bank accounts as requested, which resulted in Quicken hanging to the point that after an hour I had to hard close Quicken. That's only the start.

I click on setup online and then get the US Bank login page and go through the process of authorizing US Bank to share data with Quicken, click through the screens and hit submit and get the page that says it will redirect back to Quicken or close the page. I wait a couple of minutes and then close the page and watch the circle of doom inside the Activate One Step Update window.

While waiting, I receive an e-mail from US Bank stating that I have successfully authorized data sharing with Quicken. After waiting about 6 minutes or so, I get the following message: "Sorry, the sign-in failed due to time out or connection error. Select Sign In to authenticate via your web browser."

I have a 300MB/300MB connection so it seems that the issue is with either US Bank servers failing to transmit or Quicken servers failing to receive. I have tried the immediate sign in again and still have the same issue. I have probably 10 e-mails from US Bank telling me that I successfully authorized the data sharing, so I'm not sure this is a US Bank issue.

I am on the latest Quicken update. As an aside: I have never seen Quicken properly link accounts during reauthorization, going back to the years Intuit owned Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @WillB1969,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Which web browser are you using? Have you tried temporarily switching to a different default browser? Do you have a pop up blocker or ad blocker active? Have you tried pausing those while going through the authorization process with US Bank? Do you use a VPN, firewall, or antivirus?

Also, you mentioned you disconnected your US Bank accounts as requested. What prompted you to do that? Usually it is not necessary when reauthorizing accounts. Were you getting any error messages?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• WillB1969
    WillB1969 Member
    Options

I run Edge and have no other browsers installed (nor wish to waste drive space just to do a test), do not use ad blockers or VPN. My anti-virus/firewall has not interfered with prior reauthorizations of other accounts.

With all of the recent updates from the original Express Web Connect to EWC+, when I have received the notice during OSU that it is necessary to change connection methods, I have deactivated the account and then gone through online setup.

When going to the online services section of my accounts, you can choose between Deactivate and Reset.

There is nothing in the instructions for changing the connection method that suggests that account reset would work, nor is there an adequate description of what account reset does.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mlokensgard
    mlokensgard Member
    Options

I contacted Quicken Support directly regarding this same issue - reauthorized all my US Bank accounts, but after 1 successful download, OSU just spins. Quicken Support just said there was an ongoing issue with OSU and US Bank, but had no further insight other than "call back in 24 hours."

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

USB's implementation of EWC has ALWAYS been flaky. That's why I consider it to be WELL WORTH the money to pay $3.95/month to download from them via Direct Connect.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• WillB1969
    WillB1969 Member
    Options

I ended up restoring from a backup and going through the reauthorization process. The only issue I ran into was two credit accounts showing lower balances than was true. I had similar issues with nearly every account that has been migrated to EWC+. With another checking account with another bank, I spent close to a day going through transactions until I found duplicated and missing charges.

Anyway, I'm fixed.

This discussion has been closed.