SEFCU updates

gregnugget
gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

Is anyone experiencing issues with updates from SEFCU. I called them and they said nothing has changed on their end

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6863)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @gregnugget,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with SEFCU? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. What exactly is occurring when attempting to download transactions? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? How long has this issue been occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

I use Web Express Connect. Since I posted earlier, my downloads appear to have worked, at least one time. But when I just went to test the update again, I got error message that said "Connectivity Problem". This error could also occur if there is a temporary server issue. Following through the troubleshoot questions got me to try again in a few days.

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

It happened again this morning. It looks like it updated once then returned an error message every other time I tested. Very strange.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @gregnugget,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

Here are the screen shots

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @gregnugget,

Thank you for providing those screenshots.

A CC-506 error occurs when Quicken is unable to identify the account in Quicken to which your downloaded information belongs. This could be because the account at your financial institution is closed, or because the account number or nickname was changed on the financial institution's website. This error also occurs if there is an older account still activated in the file that is no longer available at the financial institution. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information as well as some troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Thank you for the link. I have about 10 categories of accounts at SEFCU. How will I be certain not to screw them up in Quicken if I deactivate one at a time? I tried to do that this morning and titles of accounts were changed when I tried to link one. I had to use a backup file to restore them.

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

FYI - I got it working. Reset all accounts then cleaned up bogus entries

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @gregnugget,

Thank you for reaching back out to update us.

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved! Regarding your question, you are able to deactivate one at a time, however, it is recommended to wait to reactivate until all of the accounts at the financial institution are deactivated.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, today I encountered a 505 error. This may be due to SEFCU conversion to its new corporate name, Broadview. Their website was rebranded today with the Broadview name. Is it possible that is causing the 505?

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @gregnugget,

Thank you for reaching back out.

SEFCU's conversion could be contributing to the issues that you are experiencing. A CC-505 error is caused by an issue on the bank's servers (typically a block placed by the bank) that Quicken uses to download transactions. You may follow this link for more information as well as some troubleshooting steps in regard to this error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭

Same problem here. SEFCU is now Broadridge and the website URL has changed. The connection clearly has been broken.

I tried adding an account as a new account - Quicken does not include Broadview on the list of connectable financial institutions yet.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, same issue here. Although apparently it's up to us to notify Quicken about incorrect entries in the online banking stuff (at least based upon my post/question a while back regarding Synchrony). So I guess we'll have to open a ticket to get their attention.

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

505 errors again today. We have a problem. Again. Can we get advise if we should reset the accounts?

I just spoke to Broadview FCU. They said their IT department is aware of the issue and are working on it. I hope so. I think a Quicken notification to all would be helpful.

• rwar
    rwar Member

Same problem here. Manually downloaded transactions to grab the last two days

• rwar
    rwar Member

https://community.quicken.com/profile/Quicken%20Jasmine So we are now three days into the problem and it still doesn't work. I will begin reaching out to Broadview now.

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

https://community.quicken.com/profile/Quicken%20Jasmine I believe a discussion post is now appropriate as I'm certain this is affected many Quicken users in the Albany, NY region. The accounts were automatically rebranded Broadview, but 505 errors persist. We look forward to an update from Quicken,

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

Here is a screenshot when I tried to reset the account.

• 58kopykat
    58kopykat Member ✭✭
    SEFCU/CAPCOM morphing into Broadview in NYS. Please fix this issue.
  • gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

I just received this from Broadview:

Ebony Mayo 5/25/2023, 10:06:13 AM Dear Gregory,

Thank
    you for your email and inquiry. We apologize but we have not been
    provided any updates in regards to the Quicken issue at this time. The
    last update we received stated a few days but we were given no exact
    time frame. We have sent a request to our back office to see if they can
    provide us any further information.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Alternatively,
    you can contact our Member Solutions Center at (518) 452-8183 or (800)
    727-3328. They can be reached Monday - Friday 7AM-7PM EST and Saturday
    8AM-2PM EST. To initiate a live chat, select the blue chat bubble at the
    bottom right of your online account. Please note, chat is available
    24/7.

Sincerely,

Ebony
    Solutions Professional, Digital

• Quicken Jasmine
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6863)

-Quicken Jasmine

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭✭

All appears to be resolved as of this morning. Thank you https://community.quicken.com/profile/Quicken%20Jasmine and the Quicken team!!

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @gregnugget,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

We are happy to hear that the issue has been resolved for you!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.