email address when sending out invoices

Options

Until the last update, when I sent out an invoice it would display only the business email address. Now it puts my name in front of the email address and that's causing confusion for our customers. Where can I change that back?

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Rhall1644,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Could you please provide more information? Where is it displaying your name? Is it showing up in the email or in the attached invoice? Are you able to provide a screenshot (with any personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rhall1644
    Rhall1644 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I shows up in the email as [Removed - Personal information] and it use to be just the email address. It all started with the last update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Where is this showing up that way? This sample image below shows what the email looks like when it arrives (with personal info blocked out). Is it showing up that way somewhere in the email, or is it appearing that way somewhere in the invoice? Which field is it displaying that way in?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rhall1644
    Rhall1644 Member
    Options

It doesn't show on the invoice. It shows in the from column when it's sent.

• Rhall1644
    Rhall1644 Member
    Options

You give up already?

• Rhall1644
    Rhall1644 Member
    Options

This all started with your last Quicken update.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Release Notes for R48.xx mentioned something about now being able to edit the email template.

Have you tried the (red marked) button? it brings up a dialog that allows you to set up your email address and should let you change your name.

• Rhall1644
    Rhall1644 Member
    Options

Correct and it does show the business email address as correct, but when the actual email goes out it now puts my name in front of the business email address. That was not the case before the last update.

• Rhall1644
    Rhall1644 Member
    Options

I guess no one knows why the last update hosed up our email address that the customer sees when we email our invoice.

This discussion has been closed.