Account list amount does not match portfolio and broker statement amount

Options
davidw40
davidw40 Member

I have a Quicken investment account for which the portfolio amount matches my broker's statement however the amount shown in the account list to the left of my account register does not match and my net worth is incorrect.

I would appreciate suggestions hoe to correct this.

Thank you

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @davidw40,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• davidw40
    davidw40 Member
    Options

Anja: I have followed the original suggestions, corrected problems identified by running the validation check. Now both Validation and Super Validation reports concur there are no problems. The investment register has increased its negative value and the positive Portfolio value for the investment account is showing a positive value that matches my investmant brokers valuation. Do yo have any other suggestions? Thank you. David Wright.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

@davidw40 - Are you downloading transactions from your investment broker? If so, would you please do 4 simple things and report back here what the results were?:

1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Reconcile Shares: This will do a quick comparison of the holdings in your account in Quicken to the holdings that the broker reported to Quicken.
    2. Click on the blue font Cash Balance shown on the right below the register: This will do a quick comparison of the cash balance in Quicken to the cash balance reported by the broker.
    3. Edit > Preferences > Investments > Investment Register Preferences > make sure the box is checked for Show hidden transactions.
    4. Go back to the Account Register. Beneath the Register, do you see a tab called Placeholder Entries? Is anything listed there?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.