Why aren't my transactions from Fidelity Rewards downloading

Options

I set this card up in February and it downloaded transactions at that time. I haven't updated Quicken since then but when I went to update the online accounts today, this credit card had Zero transactions (definitely not the case!). There was no error from Quicken, it just says "0" transactions. My other accounts from Chase and Fidelity checking downloaded fine. What can I do to get these Fidelity Credit Card transaction to download?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @crshlagor,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Fidelity Rewards? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? How long has this issue been occurring? Are your other accounts with Fidelity linked using the same instance?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who are you trying to download from? There are 3 of them.

Fidelity Investments: That is very unreliable for downloading the credit card information and transactions. It has always been this way and the only fix is to use one of the other two setup links.

Fidelity Rewards Credit Card: This usually works to download transactions but there is a long standing issue (since at least Dec 2022) where the Online Balance dollar amount has the cents dropped off making Reconcile to Online Balance not possible. I have been recommending that people stop using this set up link for downloads.

Elan Financial Services: Elan is the issuer of this credit card. It has been very reliable for downloading transactions and accurate Online Balances. To set up this download:

1. Backup your data file.
    2. Account Register (current one) > enter the dollar amount of the Opening Balance transaction into the Memo field and save it > Online Services tab > Deactivate > General tab > delete all Financial Institution Information from the upper right quadrant (everything above the Contact Name field) > Online Services tab > Set Up Now > type Elan Financial Services in the search field > Next > follow the prompts. (Your Fidelity Rewards Credit Card login infor should also work for this Elan Financial Services setup.)
    3. During the setup process, you might be prompted to decide what to do with the downloaded data. Be sure to select Link to Existing and then click on the drop-down and make sure to select the current account.
    4. If the Online Balance shows no cents, stop. Wait until the next day and run OSU, again, which should correct the problem.
    5. If the account balance and Online Balance equal each other, you are done.
    6. If they do not, check the Opening Balance dollar amount. If it does not match what you entered into the Memo field, change it to match what you entered in the Memo field. If the account balance and online balance now match, you are done.
    7. If they do not, scroll through the register working backward from the current date looking for duplicate transactions. If you find any duplicates, manually delete one of each of them. You should not need to go back more than 90 days for this process. If the account balance and online balance now match, you are done.
    8. If they do not, scroll through the register looking for a 2nd Opening Balance transaction (one which does not have the dollar amount entered into the Memo field). If you find one, manually delete it.

At this point your account register balance and Online Balance should match each other. Let me know if this is not the case so more troubleshooting can be done.

Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.