I'm having trouble turning on One Step Update for my American Express account

Options

Every time I try to turn on One Step Update for my American Express account, the authorization immediately fails with:

"Sign into American Express bank failed. Try again.

Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error.

Select Sign In to authenticate via your web browser"

And clicking Sign In goes back immediately to the error page.

I've rebooted my machine, turned off any ad blockers, with no change in behavior.

How can I fix this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for following up!

Instead of trying to reactivate the account through Set Up Now…, could you please try reactivating through Add Account ?

To reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @EricBrown,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

Is this the first time you're trying to set up One Step Update for this account, or are you attempting to reactivate an account that was previously set up?

Also, if you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error you described above? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• EricBrown
    EricBrown Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay. Things got away from me.

I'm attempting to reactivate an account that was previously set up. Here's the screenshot

This dialog occurs immediately after clicking 'Set Up Now…' from the Online services tab of the Account Details dialog.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for following up!

Instead of trying to reactivate the account through Set Up Now…, could you please try reactivating through Add Account ?

To reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• EricBrown
    EricBrown Member
    Options

That seems to have done the trick. Quicken authorized the first time, spun for a while, then crashed (sigh); after restarting, re-adding the account, and reauthorizing, Quicken seems to have linked and downloaded the account info. Yay!

This discussion has been closed.