Quicken Closes After Account Update

Options
chris cicoski
chris cicoski Member ✭✭

Running Windows 10 Premier Version R49.29 / Build 27.1.49.29. Almost daily, Quicken shuts down after I have run the account update.

Any ideas?

Best Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is a current issue with Quicken silently crashing during OSU. I see it periodically during OSU, after DC accounts complete and seemingly near the end of the EWC account process. It happened to me this morning. What was different was that prior to today, only a windows error report was generated by the crash. Today BugSplat was spawned so hopefully the developers will see some crash reports and get working on it.

There is nothing wrong with your file.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@chris cicoski

To correct some terminology, Web Connect is when you manually download transactions from the financial institution's website for manual import into Quicken.

What you are describing is either Express Web Connect (EWC) or Express Web Connect+ (EWC+) which are done when you do a One Step Update and you, the user, doesn't do any manual downloads from the FI's website.

The Account List (Tools menu) shows which type of download method is established for each account, though I don't think it differentiates between EWC and EWC+, (I don't use either so I can't confirm).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @chris cicoski,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. How long has this issue been occurring? Does this occur during a One Step Update, an individual account update, or both? Do you receive any error codes or messages? What occurs when Quicken shuts down?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You don't state exactly how you are updating, but could this apply:

• chris cicoski
    chris cicoski Member ✭✭
    Options
    Splasher, thanks so much but sadly, that preference was already set.
  • chris cicoski
    chris cicoski Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine This has been occurring since I had a corrupted file and went through the steps to correct that issue. I had to setup all the Web Connect accounts (which is a mess of course because it re-imports every transaction you had ever done). It occurs when I do my daily one step update. It does not occur when I update an individual account.
    Quicken just closes with no error codes, messages or anything. It re-opens in a normal fashion, the accounts will have been updated and all is well with the world. The web connect accounts all appear with a blue dot in the account list.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is a current issue with Quicken silently crashing during OSU. I see it periodically during OSU, after DC accounts complete and seemingly near the end of the EWC account process. It happened to me this morning. What was different was that prior to today, only a windows error report was generated by the crash. Today BugSplat was spawned so hopefully the developers will see some crash reports and get working on it.

There is nothing wrong with your file.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@chris cicoski

To correct some terminology, Web Connect is when you manually download transactions from the financial institution's website for manual import into Quicken.

What you are describing is either Express Web Connect (EWC) or Express Web Connect+ (EWC+) which are done when you do a One Step Update and you, the user, doesn't do any manual downloads from the FI's website.

The Account List (Tools menu) shows which type of download method is established for each account, though I don't think it differentiates between EWC and EWC+, (I don't use either so I can't confirm).

This discussion has been closed.