Quicken on the Web-Downloading and Sync data to desktop

Contacted Quicken support yesterday, and I believe provided incorrect information. I log into Quicken on the web, it immediately begins a download for all my online accounts. When I am done, I log out. When I login in to the desktop version and sync, everything from the web base comes over. However, when I indicated to support that I would be using the web version as I will be away from my home office (I do not want to transfer databases from desktop to laptop-long story of previous issues), she indicated that when I come back to my home office and sync with the desktop, there is no assurance that anything I saved in the web version will be intact and saved and come over to the desktop. Is that correct?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Steve Palm Springs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. If it is already synced to a Quicken file on your desktop, then it should be able to pull in anything that downloaded or that you edited.

It is only if you start a new file through Quicken on the Web that you may not be able to pull the information into a Quicken file (reason being that Quicken is designed to work off of a file on your computer, so if you don't have the file on the computer first, then Quicken on the Web wouldn't see anything to sync to).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Steve Palm Springs
    Steve Palm Springs Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the clarification
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your response,

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina