Quicken is so slow

Options

I bought quicken two days ago and it’s very slow and take lot time to connect my bank account and failed lot

Do you guys have any solution! Who I have to connect for that?

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Moataz Salmin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Does your device meet or exceed the System Requirements? Your profile shows you are using the Windows version of Quicken; which version of Windows are you running (Windows 8, 10, 11, something else)? Are you using a PC with Windows on it, or a device with a non-Windows operating system running Windows through a virtual machine? How much space is on your hard disk? How much memory does your computer have? Are there other programs competing for system resources? Do you use a VPN? Do you have an anti-virus and/or firewall that may be limiting/blocking Quicken's ability to communicate?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Moataz Salmin
    Moataz Salmin Member
    Options

Microsoft Surface Laptop Pro

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 Microsoft Surface (R) Edition 2.20 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.45 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Edition Windows 11 Home
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎1/‎29/‎2023

backup OnDrive 1T

hard space 227 GB

Free space 10 GB

Firewall allowed quicken

VPN Proton VPN

Crowdstrik Falcon Malware Scan

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Moataz Salmin
    Moataz Salmin Member
    Options

Thank you for helping

I did all the step even I disable my firewall and vpn however nothing work at all

For Quicken sync or add my main bank account just load and no further data

I need an expert to solve this issue or will request a refund because all that wasting my time and my money

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have not already done so, you might want to read this Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-performance-troubleshooting#:~:text=If%20Quicken%20runs%20slowly%20when%20backing%20up%20or%20closing,or%20template%20and%20click%20Next

A few months ago my Quicken suddenly slowed down by A LOT. I also noticed Excel and Outlook were running a little more slowly and with some unusual behaviors. It can't remember if it all started right after a Win 11 update or a Quicken version update but it was one of these.

I opened Task Manager to see if anything was hogging memory and/or CPU and I didn't see anything. But on a hunch I then clicked on the Start Up Apps tab and noticed several unnecessary apps that were enabled to run on startup. I then disabled all the apps that are not absolutely necessary/critical to startup (things like Skype and MS Edge). Apps I kept enabled included things like graphics and anti-malware which I deem to be critical.

I then I rebooted the computer and Quicken was suddenly pretty fast again and it has remained so ever since. There was also noticeable improvement with Excel and Outlook. There was no noticeable change in memory and CPU usage in Task Manager, though. So it makes me think that one or more of the disabled apps in Startup was perhaps causing some sort of memory leak or a conflict with Quicken (and perhaps Excel and Outlook).

A while later I came across the Support Article I'd referenced above and noticed that one of troubleshooting steps listed in it is to disable unnecessary apps from Windows Start Up. Wish I'd read that earlier.

I don't know if this would help your situation but I think it would be worth trying it out.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.