City National Bank of WV Express Web Connect Still Not Working

Options
CoopVA
CoopVA Member ✭✭

The last time I was able to download transactions from City National Bank of WV through Express Web Connect was on 5/11/2023. I am still getting this error:

"Your financial institution's website has a new page or popup that needs your response."

I do not get a popup and there is nothing on the City website that I can find that needs my response. I followed the instructions in Quicken Support about this issue and it still does not connect. I see numerous discussions about this issue with some saying it is resolved, but it is not resolved for me. I contacted City, and they say the issue is on your end.

Comments

• CoopVA
    CoopVA Member ✭✭
    Options

Looking through the Error Log, it is throwing an FDP-108 Code for City National Bank of WV:

AGGR_STATUS_CODE : FDP-108

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @CoopVA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Have you already followed the troubleshooting steps from this article? It sounds like you already visited the financial institution's website, but there are other steps to try to resolve the issue (listed below):

First, refresh your online account information in Quicken

1. From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the upper right of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
    2. Then, select Update now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each financial institution experiencing this error.

If the issue persists

1. Close Quicken.
    2. Clear Internet History & Cookies (the process to do this varies depending on which browser you use)
    3. Restart the browser
    4. Log in to your financial institution's website and accept Cookies and any security measures, as requested by the site.
    5. Open Quicken and try your update again.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CoopVA
    CoopVA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    As stated in my post, I followed the instructions in Quicken Support about this issue and it still does not connect. They were the same instructions you have posted.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you have followed those troubleshooting steps and the issue is not resolved, then I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue. None of the suggested steps have resolved the problem CC-508.

• CoopVA
    CoopVA Member ✭✭
    Options

I went to the old website and signed in, then there was a pop up that had to be checked. After that, I was able to update my accounts in Quicken. Logging into their new website or app didn’t do anything.

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Coop VA, that is the solution!

I called City National today and they instructed me to do exactly what you reported. I did have a popup on the old system (verify passphrase answers). My Quicken was then able to connect (no CC-508 issues) and successfully downloaded transactions.

Moral of the story - stick to the old website (for now).

John

• CoopVA
    CoopVA Member ✭✭
    Options

Glad it worked for you John! I like the new website and app, but it seems like Quicken doesn’t. I guess it has to use the old website for its Express Webconnect to function…

• und3rgr0und
    und3rgr0und Member ✭✭
    Options

What is the URL for the "old" site?

• und3rgr0und
    und3rgr0und Member ✭✭
    Options

Found it (I can't post links yet, so just google "city national bank mobile-netteller-login") and that solved the issue for me too! Thanks a lot CoopVA!

• CoopVA
    CoopVA Member ✭✭
    Options

Awesome! Glad I could help!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add or repair) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit Inc., of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's office of the president.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc. Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must initiate the call and work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• mrszealot
    mrszealot Member
    Options

I have spent a month, 3 customer support, and 2 hours on line trying to get Quicken to talk to City National Bank of WV. SOOO frustrating. I am so grateful to CoopVA who posted about going to the old website and looking for a popup there. That fixed it for me. Thank You!

This discussion has been closed.