PNC Migration - Error "Something is wrong with UI" (Mac)

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: PNC Migration - Error "Something is wrong with UI"..

Comments

• mmad33
    mmad33 Member
    Options

Needs to be resolved. I also contacted PNC Support and they said to call Quicken. I've tried on three separate browsers, making sure cache was cleared, etc. Making sure sites were 'allowed'. It doesn't even give an error code, just 'Something is wrong with the UI'.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @mmad33,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, is this happening when you are reauthorizing PNC accounts, or is it happening when you're trying to update accounts you have already reauthorized? At what point in the process are you getting the error message? Are you seeing the message in Quicken, or on the PNC website? When did this issue start? Are you able to attach a screenshot of the error (with personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.    

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mmad33
    mmad33 Member
    Options

When I start a sync in Quicken MAC, it pops a screen which states "PNC Bank is transitioning accounts to a new connection method". followed by my accounts, with buttons on the bottom: Learn More - Remind Me Later - Update Connection. When you select Update connection, it says "Updating" then pops a page asking to Authorize your PNC Bank - Web Connect accounts. The option to Sign In is at the bottom, when clicked, it show a screen "Opening your browser". On my browser, a new tab opens and the screen shows a PNC branded page which states "Something wrong with UI". The Quicken screen is still on the other screen spinning which states "Opening your browser". It seems like its trying to do something on the browser screen, but failing.

• mmad33
    mmad33 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

After about 5 min, I get an error screen in Quicken "An unexpected error occurred" Here is the contents of the "Report Errors" link:

$app_build_number: 700.48787.100
    $app_version_string: 7.0.4
    $model: Macmini9,1
    $os_version: 13.3.1
    $screen_height: 1080
    $screen_width: 1920
    aggregator: FDP
    app_bundle_identifier: com.quicken.Quicken
    clientDocumentId: 513E1A7D-0D9A-4A24-9BB1-F5720D543982
    cloudStatus: 32
    current_appearance: dark
    current_version_crash_count: 0
    dataset_creation_date: 2017-09-25 03:32:03 +0000
    dataset_id: 81341183019732736
    dataset_platform: QMAC
    date (EDT): 2023-05-21 22:19:42
    date (GMT): 2023-05-22 02:19:42
    date (PST): 2023-05-21 19:19:42
    document_qcs_id: 24225057157203200
    documentDisplayName: [Removed-Personal Information]
    documentUserId: [Removed-Personal Information]
    documentUserName: [Removed-Personal Information]
    early_access: 0
    installation_id: B1895CD9-93BC-44D1-B220-808F2658045E
    last30days_crash_count: 0
    last48hours_crash_count: 0
    launch_id: D605E56F-C3BB-4DDA-80B5-D1AEF763FE8E
    localTimeZone: America/[Removed-Personal Information]
    mp_device_model: Macmini9,1
    rawAggregatorPref: fdp
    receiptUserId: [Removed-Personal Information]
    receiptUserName: [Removed-Personal Information]
    subscriber: Subscribed
    syncNewAccounts: 1
    system_appearance: dark
    systemTimeZone: America/[Removed-Personal Information]
    tier: Premier
    tier_country: US
    total_crash_count: 0
    userTypeV2: WINBACK_LEGACY

errors count: 1

error #1
    level: 4 (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
    add account error

suggestion:
    Try again later.

system description:
    institution login: can't set up (can't sign-in)

BID: 7138

FI name: PNC Bank - Web Connect

request:
    {
    "cpSetupMode" : "OAUTH_PRE_DISCOVERY",
    "channel" : "FDP_WSI_OAUTH",
    "includeInvestmentAccounts" : true,
    "clientId" : "6BDC3A8B-824C-4D36-81EC-EFF062C0C2B6",
    "brandingId" : "7138"
    }

response:
    {
    "code" : 200,
    "resource" : {
    "status" : "ACCEPTED_POLLING_REQUIRED",
    "pollingReference" : "/institution-logins/380665702900073728/poll",
    "partnerAuthUrl" : "https://partnerauth.platform.intuit.com/external_partner/auth?request_token=awb.87b585f2-e222-44f0-925b-998588598776",
    "id" : "380665702900073728",
    "resource" : {
    "aggregators" : [
    {
    "cpChannel" : "FDP_WSI_OAUTH",
    "lastStatusUpdatedAt" : "2023-05-22T02:13:59.989906084Z",
    "aggStatus" : "NEW"
    }
    ],
    "channel" : "FDP_WSI_OAUTH",
    "includeInvestmentAccounts" : false,
    "id" : "380665702900073728",
    "userModifiedAt" : "2023-05-22T02:13:59Z",
    "modifiedAt" : "2023-05-22T02:13:59.991029321Z",
    "clientId" : "6BDC3A8B-824C-4D36-81EC-EFF062C0C2B6",
    "createdAt" : "2023-05-22T02:13:59.989997441Z",
    "institutionId" : "69971858090376453",
    "name" : "PNC Bank - Web Connect"
    },
    "clientId" : "6BDC3A8B-824C-4D36-81EC-EFF062C0C2B6"
    }
    }

pollResponse:
    {
    "status" : "PRE_DISCOVERY_IN_PROGRESS",
    "isProcessing" : true
    }

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

Quicken Kristina

• mmad33
    mmad33 Member
    Options

Thanks. I've done that "Report an Error" and attached my screenshots to the upload. -Mark

• Quicken_ChrisC
    Quicken_ChrisC Employee ✭✭✭
    Options

This appears to be a problem with the PNC web site when using certain browsers with certain privacy settings and/or extensions enabled.

Try disabling extensions or changing your default browser ( https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201607 ) before attempting to set up PNC accounts in Quicken (which will then open the PNC web site in your default browser).

Based on my web searches, the PNC web site has had similar issues when used with other products (like Intuit QuickBooks) for years: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/install/can-someone-help-with-connection-to-pnc-bank-it-s-giving-error/00/545304

FYI, I don't personally encounter this problem using Safari on macOS Ventura with the Magic Lasso ad blocker extension.

Good luck!

• mmad33
    mmad33 Member
    Options

I've tried 4 different web browsers, Chrome, Brave, Firefox and Safari as the default browser on this MAC. Same results. I've used Firefox and Chrome for years with PNC website without issues. Lately I've been using Brave. The Quicken connection is the only one to fail on all of the browsers. I've tried many different setting in Brave as it give you the most information about what it's doing. I called PNC and they claim it's a Quicken issue and referred me to you, which is why I ended up here. Thanks. Mark

• mmad33
    mmad33 Member
    Options

Make it 5 now. I just installed Opera as default browser and it failed the same way. Thanks. -Mark

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If changing your default browser isn't correcting the issue, I would recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.