Splits From the Last 3 Years are Gone (Mac)

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: R49.22 broke paycheck.

Comments

• BrunoS
    BrunoS Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I just found I have the same problem. All my splits from the last 3 years are gone. Looking all the backups I see something happened when the April update kicked-in (splits are ok on the late April backup).

I hope there's a better solution than creating manually each split again. This would be an incredible hassle caused by a (probably useless) update.

P.S. I will ignore any update in the future, considering that the update was the root cause of this issue. [Edited-Readability]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @BrunoS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You originally posted this on a Windows thread talking about the transactions created by the Paycheck Wizard not showing properly in the register (acting like normal split transactions), so just to verify, are you having issues with split transactions from paycheck income reminders not working properly, or is your issue that all your split transactions disappeared?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BrunoS
    BrunoS Member
    Options

Hi Kristina, thanks for separating my comment into a new thread. I didn't realize it was a thread about Quicken Windows.

My issue was that something happened on late April update that made most of my split transactions merge into one single not split transaction. It impacted 90% of my salary entries but not all of them. I don't see a pattern and it seems random.

I am still working to fix all splits manually but editing each one of them.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@BrunoS If you are indeed using Quicken Mac, the first thing I'd do is revert to a backup from prior to the splits problem. You'll have to do some work with entering/editing transactions from the past month, but that beats re-creating splits for three years of transactions! I would also turn off Sync with Quicken Cloud and then reset Quicken Cloud, since that is likely the culprit base don your description. (I have not heard any other reports of an update to Quicken Mac causing splits to disappear, whereas I have seen many reports of Quicken Cloud improperly overwriting locally-edited data.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I agree with @jacobs supposition as to the cause of the issue. The April update was minor and did not require a database update as some larger updates do. Very unlikely to be the cause.

I also agree that it's better to have to re-enter the recent month transactions than to fix three years worth of splits. But if that's also onerous, there is a way to pull the three years worth of transactions out of a backup and replace them into the current file. It's fairly complicated, so let us know if you want to work through that process.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.