Syncing to cloud causing entered/transaction date to change to posted date

Options
kuhawksr1
kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭✭

According to release notes, this issue was to be resolved in R49.22 (April 2023). It is NOT resolved. I am now on version R49.33 (Build 27.1.49.33 Win 11 Home) and the issue persists.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @kuhawksr1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Are you noticing this issue occurring on your desktop application, your mobile/web application, or both?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• EditorScott
    EditorScott Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've disconnected my sync completely from the cloud and haven't looked back. Please advice @Quicken Jasmine when the sync errors are resolved. This has been going on for about a year and has only gotten worse.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7934054/its-hilarious-how-bad-quicken-is-right-now
  • kuhawksr1
    kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine it occurs on both. After the sync, when I view the transaction on desktop the date I entered as the transaction date has been changed to the posting date once the transaction has cleared/posted to the account by Chase. Your technical team thinks they fixed it in R49.22 but I'm still experiencing the issue.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @kuhawksr1,

Thank you for providing more information.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kuhawksr1
    kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Both validate and super validate steps outlined above have not resolved the problem. I believe the issue is related to the integration between Quicken and the bank (in this case Chase and Bank of America) or how Quicken is processing what is received from the bank through the integration. The date I select when entering a transaction in the mobile app should not change unless I change it manually. Once a transaction posts to the bank account, however, the sync process is changing the date I chose when entering the transaction in the mobile app to the date the transaction actually posted to the account. Again, the release notes clearly show this was intended to be addressed in recent update. The issue is still happening.

This discussion has been closed.