PNC Conversion to EWC+

Options

My PNC accounts were converted this week to EWC+. For me, it was a disaster. I may have missed a critical instruction offering a merging of the old with the new, but when I authorized the switch, it created new accounts that I then had to merge manually and painstakingly by moving all of the old account's transactions to the new account, and then find and reconcile errors. I had quite literally thousands of transactions dating back 20 years, so it was very time-consuming and frustrating. Fortunately, at the end of it all, I think I've cleaned up the mess (thanks again, Boatnmaniac!).

However, I'm left with one major concern. Apparently, EWC+ does not support the bill payment methods I used for several accounts, and I'm supposed to make other arrangements. However, I can't tell which automatically paid bills are affected. Does anyone know if Quicken will advise which automatic bills will no longer be paid, or do I have to wait until a collection agency comes-a-calling? Or is there a way I can find it in one of my Quicken accounts?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @TreborNagrom,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Any bill payment where you had already sent the payment instructions prior to changing connection method should still go through since the instructions would have already gone to your financial institution. Since the Direct Connect bill pay used your financial institution's bill pay function, you may be able to see on your financial institution's website what is and isn't scheduled.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@draimist

It's simply not possible for Quicken to "bring back the ability to pay bills directly from Quicken. Direct Connect, the method PNC abandoned, allowed for "two way" communicate between PNC and Quicken. EWC+ simply doesn't have that capability, information only flows in one direction, from PNC to Quicken.

• draimist
    draimist Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Tom Young said:
    > @draimist
    >
    > It's simply not possible for Quicken to "bring back the ability to pay bills directly from Quicken. Direct Connect, the method PNC abandoned, allowed for "two way" communicate between PNC and Quicken. EWC+ simply doesn't have that capability, information only flows in one direction, from PNC to Quicken.

Well, they need to figure out a solution. It it rediculous to me to take this functionality away. I am sure it has to do with $$ as no my bank or vendor can float the $$ instead of quicken, or someone along the chain. What was very very efficient for me, is no longer.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@draimist

You need to direct your ire at PNC as they were the ones that took this functionality away.

Quicken has come up with Quick Pay and Check Pay to try and mimic that functionality, though I can't say it's been a roaring success.

You could also move your checking account to some other bank that offers bill pay and used Direct Connect, though I'd expect before too long no banks will continue to offer this service.

This discussion has been closed.