Payment sent by Quicken but not received by Payee

Options

I sent a payment to a payee on 4/23/23, the payee (a bank) said they did not receive the payment. Looking at their last two-month statements they are correct. Called Quicken (5/23/23) and was told Quicken had a technical issue, and they would resend the payment in 24 hours. This is 5 /27/23 (4 days) and no payment has been made to the payee by Quicken. I spoke with John at Quicken 888-331-7276. He gave me a confirmation #. called Quicken 650-250-1900 and spoke to James and he cannot find the conf # and wanted to start over again. Now I see Quicken has charged me $3.49 (Which I did not authorize) for that call. James nor John did not correct the payment issue. I have been a Quicken customer for 20 + years and that is about to change. Question, what can I do to have Quicken support to resolve my problem?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am not sure who you were talking to, but 888-331-7276 does not sound like a Quicken Support number.

The only contact numbers and links you should be using for Quicken are those listed when you go to Help > Contact support.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @sixpack9,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. We would not charge you $3.49, but it may be a long distance fee from your phone service provider, if the 650 number is not a local number for you. The 888 number you listed is not a correct contact number for Quicken. Is that the number you called, or did you type it incorrectly in your post?

Which financial institution is the payment account (the account you use to pay your bills) with? Is that account connected by Direct Connect? Is Bank Bill Pay enabled? To check, go to Tools>Account list, click the Edit button, then choose the Online Services tab. It will show you the financial institution name and connection method in the upper left, and down below, it will show which bill pay is active.

Have you been getting any error messages or error codes in your Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sixpack9
    sixpack9 Member
    Options

My bank is listed under online bill payment. I have not been getting error messages from Quicken. The 888 number and the 650 numbers I got from the Quicken software under help or Quicken support. There man "John" gave me a confirmation number 23052311273278 , Why? He said the payment would be made in 24 hours- that did not happen. He also said, since it was a technical issue at Quicken, for my inconvenience Quicken would be sending me a 100-gift card- that did not happen. I have no long-distance charges from my phone service. Thanks for trying to shine light on this issue.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh boy. A $100 gift card. What info did you have to provide so they could give the card to you?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• sixpack9
    sixpack9 Member
    Options

Name and address, no banking information.

• mshiggins
    Options

There have been many complaints here about late or missed Bill Manager quick pay or check pay payments and the consistent response from Quicken has been “it’s handled by a third party, there is nothing we can do”. Perhaps I am too cynical and the gift card is the new way for Quicken to respond to late or missed payment issues?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

The 888 number you listed is one digit off from the correct number for Quicken. Quicken does not give out $100 gift cards.

You said your bank is listed under Online Bill Payment. Which option does it say yes next to? Bank Bill Pay or Quicken Bill Manager?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• sixpack9
    sixpack9 Member
    Options

The phone # 888 331 7276 was given to me by Mellon bank to contact "Quicken" service. This did not go well, I connected with Identity Services LLC which charged my Mellon checking account for $3.49 on 5/26/23 check # 8317. This is a duplicate check # used on 7/27/2017. Why would Mellon or Quicken accept a payment to a duplicate check? Earl C

• mshiggins
    Options

@sixpack9 that 888 number is a scam Quicken support number. You are lucky if they only got $3.49 from you. Other users have reported being charged hundreds of dollars for support from scam sites.

• sixpack9
    sixpack9 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

unfortunately, that 888 331 7276 number was given to me by my bank to call Quicken directly rather than be transferred to Quicken. I had the bank call this number and they also got the scam people. Folks do not call this 888—number. My bank said this number will be removed from their contact list for Quicken. The correct number for Quicken service is only 650 250 1900.

[Edited-Readability]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about your financial institution giving you an incorrect contact number.

Were you able to get the initial issue resolved (the biller not receiving the payment)? If you do still need assistance with that issue, could you please answer the questions I asked earlier about whether you connect to your financial institution via Direct Connect or EWC and whether, in the Online Bill Payment section, your account is set up for Bank Bill Pay or Quicken Bill Manager?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.