Vendor Misplaced Check, do I Need to Call my Bank to Void it?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: how to void or delete a quicken check pay payment after check has been sent?.

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Options

My vendor has misplaced a check which was sent to him from my bank Wells Fargo via bill pay; So the question is can I void this check using bill pay or do I need to call the bank to void the check ?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Concordman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Are you trying to cancel the check since it has been misplaced/lost, or just mark it as Voided in your register? If you need to cancel or stop a check that has already been sent, then you would need to reach out to the financial institution (Wells Fargo) to get that done.

If you need to mark it as void in your register, this FAQ provides information on how to do that. Please note that its generally preferable to put void in the Action column or the Memo column rather than in front of the payee name; this is to prevent the program from memorizing the void version of the payee and trying to automatically fill it in for you on future transactions.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Check has been misplaced /lost by the vendor..i will contact the FI to cancel

This discussion has been closed.