Are Currency Exchange Rates Downloading for You?

Somsak K.
Somsak K. Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have several accounts that denominated in currencies other than US dollars and in recent days when I do a one=step update I get an error message saying "“Unable to download latest currency rates”. Is this a known problem?

Answers

• Ed V
    Ed V Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod
    edited May 2023

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

(CTP-6881)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Organone
    Organone Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you using (Canadian/US) and Deluxe or Home & Business? THANK YOU
  • Organone
    Sorry...forgot to ask if you could please post a screen shot of the Currency List screen. I would like to see the options which can be selected at the bottom of the screen. THANKS
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Organone,

Thank you for joining the discussion. In Quicken for Windows (US) R 49.33, here is what the Currency List screen looks like:

I hope that helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Somsak K.
    > @Organone said:
    > What version of Quicken are you using (Canadian/US) and Deluxe or Home & Business? THANK YOU

Should I infer from your request for more information that not everyone is having the same issue?

I’m using the US version of Quicken Premier, rev 27.1.49.33 on Windows 10 Enterprise. The same problem happens both when connected with a VPN and without the VPN. A screenshot of the "Currency List" window is below but the updating problem happens not only there but also during "One-Step Update". I'm not sure when the problem happened but since exchange rates of the currencies that I use are still in the ballpark I think that it must not have been very long ago.
  • cgruchy
    cgruchy Quicken Canada Subscription Unconfirmed ✭✭

Me too. Error began May 26, 2023. Quicken Home and Business Version R48.15 Build 27.1.48.15 Edition: Canada Windows 10 Home

• yang9428
    yang9428 Quicken Windows 2017 Member

I have the same problem.

• Organone
    Hello Somsak K & cgruchy
    Please see the thread "All Things Canadian (Windows)"
    I've posted the differences between the Canadian and US Versions, and pointed out that certain features that used to work in the Canadian version are not working (like IMPORT)
  • Somsak K.
    > @Organone said:
    > Hello Somsak K & cgruchy
    > Please see the thread "All Things Canadian (Windows)"
    > I've posted the differences between the Canadian and US Versions, and pointed out that certain features that used to work in the Canadian version are not working (like IMPORT)

So the same problem exists on the Canadian version. That's good in the sense that it should make it more difficult for the Quicken team to ignore the problem. (I'm assuming that it might be more common for Canadian residents to have accounts denominated in multiple currencies than it is for US residents).
  • LarryC
    LarryC Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I'm having the same problem going on for a week. Screen cap attached.

Quicken for Windows (US) R49.33

• vercors
    vercors Quicken Canada Subscription Member

To Quicken Christina or anyone at Quicken Support: I have the same issue as many people above. Paying for a fully functional product and I'm not getting what I'm paying for. When will the problem be fixed? How about giving your paying customers a rebate/discount for a partially functioning product?

• Santiago100
    Santiago100 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Somsak K. said:
    > I have several accounts that denominated in currencies other than US dollars and in recent days when I do a one=step update I get an error message saying "“Unable to download latest currency rates”. Is this a known problem?

I have the same problem. Using Premier R49.33 27.1.49.33 wiyh windows 11 Home.
    The "Euro" symbol has never updated for me even though I never got an error. The "Eur_" symbol was working fine until recently.

it seems that it takes a significant amount of time to fix obvious bugs that affect multiple users.
  • GJFies
    GJFies Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have the same problem, arising only in the last week or so.

• RCRLon
    RCRLon Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem.
  • vercors

Quicken Christina or anyone at Quicken Support:

How about an answer or a fix? Tried to get support from your Chat function. No one there. I need this function to work. It affects my work!

This is getting ridiculous…!

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

A fix has been put in place for this issue, and we ask that if you haven’t already, to please go ahead and try updating currency again.

Please let us know how it goes! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirmed. OSU successful with what looks like current exchange rates. (using Q Win R 50.5)

• LMits
    LMits Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Currency rates are still not updating. Version R49.33, Build 27.1.49.33 on Win 11.

• vercors

Currencies are now updating (CA Quicken H&B, Version R48.15, Build 27.1.48.15). Not too sure if the exchange rates are valid though. I get CAD$1 for US$0.73506 with Quicken. With Yahoo Finance, I get CAD$1 for US$.07491. Grant it, not a huge difference. Still, I want to make sure the fix has brought back the currency update functionality to what it was before the update issue occurred. I want to be able to trust the data. What is or was the source of your currency exchange data before the update issue occurred.

• Somsak K.
    > @vercors said:
    > Currencies are now updating (CA Quicken H&B, Version R48.15, Build 27.1.48.15). Not too sure if the exchange rates are valid though. I get CAD$1 for US$0.73506 with Quicken. With Yahoo Finance, I get CAD$1 for US$.07491. Grant it, not a huge difference. Still, I want to make sure the fix has brought back the currency update functionality to what it was before the update issue occurred. I want to be able to trust the data. What is or was the source of your currency exchange data before the update issue occurred.

Are they updating now or has the error message just be suppressed? Try this as an experiment - in the Currency List manually change the rate for Argentinian Pesos to a round number, say 235, and then hit update. After the update it will still be 235, which is incorrect.
  • Somsak K.
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > A fix has been put in place for this issue, and we ask that if you haven’t already, to please go ahead and try updating currency again.
    >
    > Please let us know how it goes! Thank you.

It doesn't seem like it's working, it seems like it's just that error message has been suppressed.

Try this as an experiment - in the Currency List manually change the rate for Argentinian Pesos to a round number, say 235, and then hit update. After the update it will still be 235, which is incorrect.
  • vercors

Did the test. $a per S 235 came back as 235 after the test. The $ per $a came back as 0.00426 which is different than pre-test. So it seems to be updating.

Referring to my previous question: where do you source your exchange rates from?

• Somsak K.
    > @vercors said:
    > Did the test. $a per S 235 came back as 235 after the test. The $ per $a came back as 0.00426 which is different than pre-test. So it seems to be updating.
    >
    > Referring to my previous question: where do you source your exchange rates from?

That's not evidence that it updated. It's showing 0.00426 because that's the reciprocal of 235.
  • vercors

Just looked at my net worth report. I have not entered any personal or business expenses for the last 3 days (June). No change in net worth for those 3 days. I have accounts in 3 different currencies. There should have been some variation in net worth due to currency fluctuation. Though the download function works, the rates seem not to be refreshing.

• vercors

Currency rates still not refreshing. Any ETA regarding a solution?

• LMits
    LMits Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Currency rates are still not updating.

(R49.33, Build 27.1.49.33 on Windows 11.)

• Cowxie
    Cowxie Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    Like @vercors asked, what's the ETA from Quicken and the service provider for a solution?
  • RCRLon
    RCRLon Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    Just updated to R50.8 (27.1.50.8) on Windows 11. Still no fix for this; currency rates still not updating. Is there a fix coming?
  • PhilippeP
    PhilippeP Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken Home and Business - Canadian Edition build 27.1.48.15 and no US to Canadian dollar currency updates since May 25th. Any ETA on resolving this? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.