While adding Amazon Store card... it says it is a savings account

Options
mitch.trumpetwin
mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭

I had to get a new Amazon Store card. So I deactivated the old card. Now when I go to add a new account, I put in my synchrony Amazon userid and password and Quicken thinks it is a savings account. I cannot link to my credit card. Anyone come across this?

Thanks… Mitch

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mitch.trumpetwin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is the connection method with Amazon that you are trying to connect with? Do you have any other accounts with this financial institution? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when attempting to add and link this account?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mitch.trumpetwin
    Options

Hi jasmine…

In another Quicken file, I de-activated the Amazon card and re-activiated and it correctly set up as a credit card. In the problematic one… I closed the account. I supervalidated. I re-added and it still set it up as a savings account. I logged out as a user. I re-did the financial branding. Every trick I could come up with. It is set up for Express Web Connect with Amazon.com Store Card - Synchrony. No error messages. Just when I add, it thinks the credit card is a savings account.

• mitch.trumpetwin
    Options

Aha… Something new.

I still cannot add a credit card as Quicken reports from Amazon/Synchrony that the account is a savings account. However, if I then try to add the account again, Quicken reports from Amazon/Synchrony that there is a credit card , but unfortunately also says do not add to Quicken and does not give me the option to change it.

This discussion has been closed.