Re-Activate download creates new Wealthscape account

Options
Tim Johnson
Tim Johnson Member ✭✭✭
Hello, I have a brokerage account (Wealthscape) which stopped downloading transactions into Quicken. I deactivated the Quicken download, then tried to reactivate. The activation process was successful, but Quicken created a new account instead of using the one from which I initiated the activation. So, now I have the old account with all past transactions, and a new account when is directed now to Wealthscape but is missing all the old transactions. Quicken never gave me the choice to link to the existing account. This seems to be a bug in Quicken. How can I fix this so all transactions are in the account that is now direct connected to Wealthscape?

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Johnson, using Quicken since 1993.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Tim Johnson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

I suggest transferring all the transactions to the new account, then deleting the original account. You can view this FAQ regarding information on how to bulk move transactions between accounts within Quicken for Windows. It is advised to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Tim Johnson
    Tim Johnson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Jasmine. After reading the FAQ you provided in that link, I discovered it did not apply to investment accounts. The one that does is here: https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216506
    I followed those instructions, and successfully moved the transactions from the old account to the new one.
    Tim Johnson, using Quicken since 1993.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @Tim Johnson,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.