Quicken seems to hang when adding a new account (Prudential)

Options
somnyrds
somnyrds Member ✭✭

I enter username (ss#) password (my online password), and the account number being plan#XsubplanXlast4digits SS

So, I hit next - and nothing - absolutely nothing happens

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @somnyrds,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, when you say nothing happens, do you mean it stays frozen on that screen, or do you mean the screen disappears, but no account is added? Does this happen only when you try to add a Prudential account, or does it happen when you try to add any account, regardless of financial institution? When did you first notice this issue?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

yes it stays on that screen with the all the info

I tried re-adding another institution and it got further than this

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

ps thanks for caring

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To verify, is this the Prudential you're trying to connect to?

When did the issue start happening?  Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

it's on a separate internal drive

nothing out of the ordinary issues

it gets further when I try another account

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

OK, regular validate/repair worked -

I have created the account, but it isn't synching with prudential

It connects, and right now it says I have a -$140 balance - when in fact, it has over $25k in it?

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

This is from Quicken itself that it won't sync correctly!

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

this was not my problem either - it thinks it's synching but it isn't obtaining any values!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Which connection method does it show for that financial institution? You can check that by going to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account, click the Online Services tab, and it should show you in the upper left (see sample image below).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina,

it does look like this - but when I try an update - it says I have an error - where do I find what that error is?

tia

Tom

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Was it showing connected by Direct Connect or by Express Web Connect when you checked the account?

When it tells you that you have an error, is it a screen that looks like this?

If so, then you will usually see the details of the error on the One Step Update Summary screen (sample image below).

If the One Step Update Summary screen isn't coming up automatically when you finish running One Step Update, you can find it by going to Tools>One Step Update Summary.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I see the An error has occurred while updating

It does NOT show anything in the summary… about prudential error

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

btw, thank you for helping me - this is a little frustrating… :-)

• Quicken Kristina
    edited June 2023
    Options

I was able to confirm the issue and have forwarded it to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, I request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue.

You might be able to get the issue fixed faster by reaching out to Quicken Support directly. If you wish to do that, the Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

(CTP-6946)

Quicken Kristina

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options
    I reported the problem....
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi @somnyrds , We heard back from our developers. They suggest to try logging into the Prudential website with the same info you are using on Quicken to see if it accepts. Then go back and copy and paste those credentials and account number from their website to Quicken login page to avoid any typing errors and see if that helps resolve the issue. .

Quicken Janean

• somnyrds
    somnyrds Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Janean - which credentials

For Quicken Account # is my SS#

and per quicken, password is a combo of plan/subplan/last 4 digits of ss#

But, I login into Prudential site using my email and a website credentials…

I tried doing an update with these credentials, and this did NOT work it indicated an error - and did not give me an one-step update summary status.

Neither works!

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

I am sorry for the delayed response @somnyrds I am going to send you a private message so we can continue to discuss this issue.

Quicken Janean

This discussion has been closed.