Quicken says my bank no longer supports downloading

Options
Garfish
Garfish Member ✭✭

Ever since Version 7 for mac I have been getting this error: "It appears this account is at a bank that no longer supports downloading. You can resolve this by disconnecting to make this a manual account or set up the account at a new bank. (Error Code: 112)." It is actually still downloading transactions. When i tried to manually set a another account from this bank PSCCU , it wouldn't import the .qfx from, the bank.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is the exact name of the bank?
    My list of supported financial institutions for Quicken for Windows lists several banks with names similar to PSCCU.
    Did the bank recently reorganize, modernize their computer systems?
    Did they merge with another bank or change names?

• Garfish
    Garfish Member ✭✭
    Options
    Name of bank is Puget Sound Cooperative Credit Union. They havent merged with anyone
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the information.
    If you were to pretend to add a new checking account in Quicken and searched for the name of the bank, does the Add Account process still find it?

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Garfish
    Garfish Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried adding a new account from the bank and but Quicken didn't see the bank in it's list. I also downloaded the history from the bank and tried to import it but Quicken wouldn't accept it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's make sure your financial institution list for Q Mac is up-to-date and complete:
    If you can't find your bank on the list, try these two steps:

1. Click My bank is not in the list in the Add Account window, and then click the Refresh button on the "My bank is not in the list" message. Quicken will update its list of supported financial institutions. Next, click Check list again, and try once more to find your bank in the list of supported institutions.
    2. If your bank still does not appear in the list, you can still create an account in Quicken, but you won't be able to download transactions into it.
    • Please be aware that, if the bank's not in the list any longer, because they completely dropped downloading support with Intuit Inc. as the service provider, then you can no longer even import downloaded QFX files.
      In that case, complain to the bank's upper level management, making sure that you mention that you are a Q Mac user.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

you posted in the section - Quicken on the Web …

So - what desktop version do you have … US or Canada and the release

… Help —> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is what is found over on the QWin side -
    and it appears (on the QWin side) to only support the manual downloading of transactions - called Web Connect -
    and only for Credit Cards -

68057 68057 68057 Puget Sound Coop CU CC
    https://www.psccu.org NA
    https://www.psccu.org ACTIVE
    CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

On the Mac side, there's only one entry for PSCCU and it shows no support at all, not even for Web Connect.

Puget Sound Coop CU CC

https://www.psccu.org

NA

https://www.psccu.org

ACTIVE

NOT_QBP

NA

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Garfish
    Garfish Member ✭✭
    Options
    They are one in the same. Why wouldn't there be support on the mac side. Can you remedy
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Only your CU can remedy this . THEY decide what to support, and how.

The CU needs to contact Intuit to remedy the issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.