Numerous Direct Connect, Unable to connect, PW mis-typed, Error Codes: FDP-103 (Q Mac)

Options
Snakeyes
Snakeyes Member ✭✭

Quicken for Mac, v7.1.0, numerous credit cards and savings accounts have Direct Connect, Unable to connect errors due to PW mis-typed: Error Codes: FDP-103 when PWs are known to be correct?

All my banks, master cards, and visa cards reconnected using Direct Connect okay.

Just happened on June 2, 2023. Know issue?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Snakeyes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution(s) are you experiencing this with?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I'm having this problem with: Georgias Own Credit Union, GTE Financial, Lake Michigan Credit Union, Alliant Credit Union, Digital Federal Credit Union.

Reset the connection failed, which left them disconnected. I try and Set Up Now, but I'm unable to add these. All 5 say CC-503 invalid credentials, but I can paste passwords into a browser and log in to each successfully.

I tried logging out of quicken (quicken id & cloud/sign in as different user) but no success.

Windows 10/Quicken 27.1.49.33

Thanks for suggestions!

Content:

<!-- ***** RECV from https://services.quicken.com/institution-logins/382913668953721344/poll at 07:34:36 on 20230609 ***** -->

{"institutionLoginId":"382913668953721344","mode":"DISCOVER_AND_ADD_ACCOUNTS","status":"AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR","aggregators":[{"channel":"FDP_DEFAULT","aggStatus":"INVALID_CREDENTIALS","cpAggStatusCode":"FDP-103","cpAggStatusDetail":"Invalid credentials","isProcessing":false}],"isProcessing":false}

wags Glad to be here!

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Wellby Financial, Thrift Savings Plan, Home Depot, JCPenney, Kohls, Citibank M/C, and Sears. Quicken for Mac v7.1.1

waiting 1 hour then signing out of Quicken, then signing back into Quicken did not work and got the CC-929 errors again.

ALL passwords work when signing in online with a browser into all seven accounts, so I'm not blocked.

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Evidently, the procedure is to

1. sign out of quicken
    2. wait 1 hour
    3. sign back into quicken
    4. try again

we need to reset a mysterious quicken cloud sync token in the quicken data file??

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Procedure above did not work!

CC-929 errors raised to Tier 2!

no solution yet

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Options

No réponse from Tier 2?

No email from Tier 2?

No case number from Tier 2?

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Still working with Quicken support. Issue now with "mistyped credentials" when credentials are okay on websites?

• studpup
    edited June 2023
    Options

I installed today's windows update to 27.1.50.13, two more banks now won't connect (barclays and PSECU), same problem ("file may have been restored" but it hasnt). I've been losing my connection to about one bank a day. Before contacting support, I created a new quicken file, tried adding one bank, same CC-503. Contacted support today, they wanted me to change my password at the bank, so I did. Then started getting cc-929. Support wanted "Report a problem", I did, they didnt see anything so asked me to wait 24 hours and contact them again if problem happens tomorrow.

It's not my data file, creating a new one results in same problem. It's not my bank, since I have 9 banks/credit unions having problems. It's not my password. It's not even windows 10 because I tested quicken on a win11 laptop and get the same results. I'm super confused. Staying signed out of quicken overnight doesn't seem to change anything (quicken id & cloud/sign in as different user). But searching through the community website, it's just me and snakeyes having this problem.

I even took a bank which currently connects and downloads properly in my production file, but if I create a new test file, try to add the one account, I get cc-929.

Suggestions welcomed or if you resolve this, please share details your success.

wags Glad to be here!

• studpup
    Options

Problem continues. I contacted support, they advised log out/wait hour/log in, I did but that didn't fix it. Uploaded log files to secure link, they reviewed it and they need more time to see what the problem is and will email. Ticket 10314262.

wags Glad to be here!

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'm still waiting on Tier 2 also on my Quicken for Mac "credentials mistyped" issue!

Did some troubleshooting on my own and found out that my account IDs and PWs do NOT get the "credentials mistyped" error and work good on Quicken for PC!

• studpup
    Options

Okay, for anyone who's having the same (cc-503/cc-929) unable to add 9 different banks but can log in successfully through a browser, I confirmed it wasnt my computer because I went to a new laptop, downloaded/installed quicken, created new quicken file, and still couldn't access any of my banks.

I signed out of my quicken id and went to my browser and created a new Quicken account using an alternate email address. I contacted quicken support and they moved over my expiration date (it took like 5 minutes, guess its not just cut and paste on their side). Quicken came up, entered new quicken credentials and started adding my banks, and everything is working now. Ticket 10326064

wags Glad to be here!

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried creating a new Quicken file on a PC using Quicken for PC and found the same "credentials mistyped" errors with CC-503 errors.

Maybe my Quicken account credentials is also my problem on my Quicken for Mac "credentials mistyped" errors?

Still waiting for Tier 2 to send me an email with a new Ticket number.

• studpup
    Options

Yeah, I got the same CC-503/CC-929 on different computers with new quicken files. Logout/wait/login didnt fix it for me, I guess I'm learning that there's something stored in my quicken id that can really mess things up. I had to get a completely new quicken id. Credit goes to Robert for suggesting this solution.

wags Glad to be here!

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Options

What changed on June 2nd that started all this?

• studpup
    Options

I have no idea what the problem was, I guess without knowing what's stored in a quicken ID, I can't really say. I just shared my experience so anyone with the same problem can try this, or maybe quicken developers can see a pattern.

wags Glad to be here!

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Found out there is a Tier 3 at Quicken for my issue.

Got an email that my issue was resolved, but when I tried to connect my account again I got the same "credentials mistyped" errors!

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Wellby Financial, Thrift Savings Plan, Home Depot, JCPenney, Kohls, Citibank M/C, and Sears M/C. Quicken for Mac v7.1.1

waiting 1 day then signing out of Quicken, then signing back into Quicken did not work and got the CC-929 errors again.

• studpup
    Options

Consider creating new quicken ID, call/chat quicken support to move your expiration date over, then sign in with that new ID. Fixed all 9 banks for me.

wags Glad to be here!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Piping in for any QMac users who might view this thread: This is a QMac issue thread. @Studpup's profile shows they are running QWin. While this QMac issue and the QWin issue could be similar with similar cause(s), the fix steps can often be different. Just thought I'd mention this in case @Studpup's suggested solution does not work for you.

@Studpup - The steps you took to address this situation seem to be somewhat extreme but I'm glad to hear it resolved the issue for you.

Out of curiosity, did you try Resetting or Deleting/Recreating your Quicken ID Cloud Account before taking the steps you did? One or the other will usually resolve this kind of issue without needing to set up a new Quicken.com account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• studpup
    Options

Yeah, I've had the problem since early June, various banks would show CC-503 (incorrect password) although I could cut and paste into a browser just fine, and this problem was across 9 banks. After a couple failed attempts, everything returned CC-929. I took a spare laptop, downloaded quicken from the website and installed it fresh, and it had the same problems (so it wasnt anything on my computer or my quicken file). I'm not sure how to delete and recreate my Quicken Cloud account (do you have link to this procedure)? I would log out of quicken (Preferences/Quicken ID/Sign in as different user) at night and back in the next day to the same problem.

wags Glad to be here!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Studpup - The following steps apply to QWin. I would imagine that QMac has similar processes and steps but I do not know that for sure or what they might be.

Resetting the Cloud Account is the 1st troubleshooting step I would try. It's a pretty benign process but it can help to fix some Cloud Account issues.

If that does not work, then the Cloud Account might be corrupted and more aggressive process might be needed so I would then try to Delete the Cloud Account.

TO RESET A CLOUD ACCOUNT: This is a pretty benign process and simply refreshes the Cloud Account without deleting anything.

1. If you already use the Mobile and/or Web features: Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Reset your cloud data > Yes > Reset > follow any prompts that might popup > wait for the process to complete (it might take several minutes).
    2. If you do not use the Mobile and/or Web features: Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = ON > OK > Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Rest your cloud data > Yes > Reset > follow any prompts that might popup > wait for the process to complete (it might take several minutes) > Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = OFF > OK.
    3. Once completed you can start to use Quicken right away without taking any additional steps.

TO DELETE A CLOUD ACCOUNT: This process is much more aggressive. It will not delete any account data or preferences from your data file but it will disconnect all online services (including account OSU setups) and your Mobile and Web data will be permanently deleted.

1. File > New Quicken File > Select "Use Mobile & Web" > Give the file a unique name (such as TEST) > you do not need to create any accounts.
    2. In this new file: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID > select the Cloud Account associated with your main data file > Delete > Yes > Delete > allow the process to complete.
    3. Open the main data file > wait while Quicken recreates the Cloud Account that was deleted > and set up the online services you want/need (such as OSU setups, Mobile and/or Web, etc.).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.