CC-502, now CC-503 with Citi

Options
EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭

I had been receiving a CC-502 with Citi (Costco Visa) for some time, and was waiting to go through my receipts to verify downloaded transactions before it would allow me to deactivate/reactivate, to fix.

Today, I'm instead getting the CC-503 error with Citi, though my login information is unchanged, and should be correct in the vault. I see no announcements about this (I see CC-502 announcement for Citi, last updated in January).

I'm on WIndows 10, and Quicken R49.33/27.1.49.33

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @EmKay,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with a CC-503 error message. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• beachmar
    beachmar Member ✭✭
    Options
    Dear Moderator. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THE 502 ongoing issue Quicken has with CITI? I am unable to re-add the account following the Q instructions
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @beachmar,

Thank you for visiting the Community and adding to this discussion.

The error CC-502 with Citibank and Citi Cards is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. Please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• beachmar
    beachmar Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yes, Q chat CS rep just said that to me - [Removed - Speculation/Rant] now what I am told is "Citi won't work on it until it goes to OAUTH this summer" whatever that means. [Removed - Rant]

• bswnyca
    bswnyca Member
    Options

very disappointed that Quicken cannot resolve ongoing issues with citibank. the answers provided are not useful nor acceptable when we all pay for this service. Anyone looking at other apps to switch to? I am so tired of the inconvenience of CC-502 on my citibank credit card!

• SA451
    SA451 Member
    Options

Not sure if this helps others, I have been struggling with this for quite some time as well. I just got it to work. I noted 2 things, not sure the second one helped or coincidence. 1) I had to reconnect my citibank account and have had the 502 error for months. In what I thought was going to be another futile attempt, I double checked the password. The password in quicken appears to have a 32 character limit, while citibank can accept a password up to 64 in length. My password was cutting off when I was doing the connection routine in Quicken. I changed my password, tried and failed. I decided to wait a bit as passwords can take a bit to proliferate, and was successful on the second attempt. Both times I was also doing #2. 2) Before starting the quicken connection process, go to citibank website, login, under the profile icon in the upper right, choose more settings, then Manage Desktop Apps and select to add one. It gives you a 10 min window to connect. The reason I am not sure if the second one helps, is when I go to Apps with account Access in the same window you selected Manage Desktop Apps, I still only see my bank and not Quicken. Anyway hope this might help a few of you wipe some blood off your forehead, and move on.

This discussion has been closed.