Possible to show individual splits in Registry?

Options
petereberhardt
petereberhardt Member ✭✭
When you split a transaction to the same [transfer account], is it possible to show both splits as individual transactions in the recipient account?

For example, when I pay my mortgage I add a little bit of additional principle and am manually adding transactions that happened in the past. In my checking account transaction I have a split that has the principle, interest, escrow, and additional principle laid out with their respective categories and transfer accounts.

In the loan account, both the principle and the additional principle come through added together as one transaction.

It is okay this way, but if it was possible to have one line item for the principle paid, and one line item for additional principle that would be awesome!

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken has always done this as far as I know, but I agree that having two entries show up in the "to" Account could be helpful.

Click the ellipses (…) and make your post an Idea and I'll bet it gets some votes. (I would think that such a thing as you suggest would be possible but not being an antique data base guru I can't say that it actually is possible.)

• petereberhardt
    petereberhardt Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Tom Young said:
    > Quicken has always done this as far as I know, but I agree that having two entries show up in the "to" Account could be helpful.
    >
    > Click the ellipses (…) and make your post an Idea and I'll bet it gets some votes. (I would think that such a thing as you suggest would be possible but not being an antique data base guru I can't say that it actually is possible.)

Thanks for the response Tom. Oh well. Memo notes for the win. I don't have the option to convert my post into an idea when I click those (...)
  • Tom Young
    Options

@petereberhardt

"I don't have the option to convert my post into an idea when I click those (...) "

I think the forum does require some number of visits or posts, or something, before you can do certain things in here.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you use a different Tag on the two principle payments, they should stay separate.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On my mtg payment to Escrow, there are separate lines/splits … one for taxes and the 2nd for insurance. They have different Tags & appear separately in my escrow acct

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tom Young
    Options

Ah, that does seem to work. $1,200 payment on loan with $50 of extra principal:

• petereberhardt
    petereberhardt Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Tom Young said:
    > Ah, that does seem to work. $1,200 payment on loan with $50 of extra principal:

I can't seem to duplicate your results, I tried tagging the extra principle separately. I am unable to see your tag column but is that all you did differently?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Tags are the "/regular" and "/extra" appended to the category. "/" separate category from tag, ":" separates category from subcategory which Tom did not use in his example.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• petereberhardt
    petereberhardt Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @splasher said:
    > The Tags are the "/regular" and "/extra" appended to the category. "/" separate category from tag, ":" separates category from subcategory which Tom did not use in his example.

Low-key, mind. blown. THANK YOU!!!

Quicken community is COMING THROUGH!!
This discussion has been closed.