One Step Update - not downloading new/existing transactions Part 2

Options

Hopefully this discussion will find its way to Quicken Jasmine. I have finally performed the setup a new file action that you recommended a couple of months ago. I could not respond to the prior discussion as it has been closed (due to my long absence). The test file setup successfully, and the accounts were downloaded properly.

The new file is working. So, I am not certain as to what to perform next? Meanwhile, I went back to the original Quicken File and re-reviewed the three investment accounts at Morgan Stanley. From the account list under tools all three are indicating "Direct Connect" as the connection method.

However, when I look at each individual account under Account Details, the ID for one account is not listed and the "?" beside the account ID line item states that since this connection uses WEB Express Connect+, the ID is not necessary (the other two accounts have the proper account ID listed). However, the file transfer method for the account is listed as "Direct Connect."

Now, when I attempted to perform the QUICKEN help action for How to change my WEB Express Connect+ to another connection method, I cannot follow the instructions because the actions available do not come up for me to choose (I assume this is because the file is listed as "Direct Connect" under transfer method while the account ID seems to be linked to the WEB Express Account+ setup).

I then reviewed all three accounts from within the TESTFILE Quicken File and all three accounts are listed as Direct Connect (the same as the original Quicken File), but all 3 accounts have the proper account ID (where as the original Quicken File I cannot get the third account to have an account ID).

OK, thank you for your help.

[returns added for readability]

Comments

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello, any help please, it has been 2 weeks now?

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

Please help, I do not understand why Quicken is not responding to this on-going issue? If I am doing something incorrectly in my explanations or submittal process for assistance, please advise.

Thank you.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Brian R Beebe,

Thank you for reaching back out, though I do apologize that you are still experiencing this issue.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine,

Thank you for continuing to work with me. Today, 7/21, I followed the above instructions for signing out of my data file and re-signing back in. Your instructions were very clear and easy to follow. Upon signing back in, I looked at the Account List and the account that is causing the problem in the original data file is still listed as Direct Connect in the Account Listing, but the Account ID under Account Details is blank and the note states that this is a WEB Express account. Remember, that in the test file you had me setup, this same account is listed as Direct Connect and the account details tab lists the Account ID properly. I attempted again to edit the account ID for this account and again to try and "reset" the account to direct connect, but I was not able to make either of these changes. I am hesitant to just delete the account and re-enter the account as a new account starting from today, but will wait for your advice if this is the required action. I know it will mean a lot of manual work to catch up the proper tax data from Feb through to when I perform this and so I am hoping there is another way. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since it works in the test file, but not in your main file and refreshing your login token didn't correct the error, that indicates that its something specific in the file causing the issue. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend deactivating and reconnecting the accounts. Prior to doing that, please backup your Quicken file. Once you have backed up the file, deactivate the problem accounts. Then, reconnect the accounts by going to Tools>Add Account, and following the prompts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina, I followed your instructions. The accounts are still not accessing correctly in the original file but are being accessed correctly in the test file. I finally decided the best to do was to delete each account and to re-add them back into the original file. This has resolved the situation as the accounts now are all properly accessing. I still have the original file backup saved, but will move forward with the original file from this point and delete the test file. I wish I knew how this happened and I have lost months of past transactions that will need to be scrutinized (Quicken created several placeholders for me to resolve).

I appreciate the help even though we could not rectify without deleting the accounts and re-adding them (since the deactivation alone did not work). I realize the decision was mine to go ahead and delete and then re-add the accounts as I finally determined it was more effort to continue to try and resolve than to continue to try and fix. Now I will focus on resolving the placeholders and moving on.

Again, thank you for the help, we can close this issue, but it should be closed as un-resolved since we never found out why the account was refusing to be changed from WEB Express to Direct Connect (as the other 2 accounts with Morgan Stanley are and as all three accounts in the test file remained as).

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you decide you would like to troubleshoot further, feel free to reach back out.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.