how to remove or edit a note in a reminder

Options
I created a bill reminder from a recent payment and it has a note on all of the reminders. How do I edit the note in the reminder?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Richard155,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To edit the note in the Reminder, please follow the instructions provided below.

1. Select the Bills & Income tab.
    2. Select the Bills tab to display your upcoming reminders. If you have combined tabs, you may see this listed as Bills, Income & Transfers.
    3. Choose the reminder you want to edit and use the down arrow to select one of the following options.
      • Select Edit this instance and all future instances to change all your future reminders for this bill. This is the recommended option.
      • Select Edit this instance to change only the upcoming bill. Use this only if you need to just change the next bill and want to leave your other dates the same as before.
    4. Click in the details section. A window will appear and the note should be seen in the Memo field. Make your desired changes and click OK.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard155
    Richard155 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No this is not what I'm referring to. Not Memo but the Note column. The Note had a note in the Note column when I created the reminder. Now every reminder, for this item, has the same note. I want to edit/remove the note.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Apologies for misunderstanding and thank you for clarifying.

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard155
    Richard155 Member ✭✭
    Options
    See the X under Notes. I was using it to assist in reconciling. I created the reminder after I placed the X. Now I want to remove the X
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is an interesting problem. After reading this thread, I attempted to create a reminder with a Note in it. I failed several different ways. I would have said it's impossible to create a reminder with a note. Or you may have encountered a bug in reminder creation.

The easiest thing to do would be to delete the reminder and create a new, identical one without the note.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Richard155
    Richard155 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I figured that was my last option.
This discussion has been closed.