R50.8 Update Paycheck Wizard Error -x

Options
AZMike2021
AZMike2021 Member ✭✭

I used the paycheck wizard to track my paycheck, all the deductions & splits. After the last update to R50.8 the entry is now showing a net entry split, rather than gross, for both my paycheck & spouse. Worse yet, the splits on my paycheck are all showing as "unknown". What happened?!?!

I tried to delete the paycheck reminder going forward and enter a new one, but for some reason all the past paycheck entries were removed as well. Now my account are showing a huge negative value. This is seriously infuriating!!!

I just had my subscription renewed today. Maybe that was a mistake. I'm tired of the errors.

Edit: Did a restore from a backup. Did a sync to update transactions from the last two days, and the sync messed up all my paycheck splits on the new file as well.

[Edited-Readability]

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @AZMike2021,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You mentioned that everything was good in the restored backup until you did a sync. If you turn off the sync with Mobile & Web, does the paycheck information stay correct? To turn sync off, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, then click the Sync switch it it shows Sync is on.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• AZMike2021
    AZMike2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I did an update it didnt mess up all my prior paychecks, but it also is not downloading the transactions from the financial institution.
  • Drew S
    Drew S Member ✭✭
    Options
    Clearly there is a bug that affected many in the Quicken community on this one, while glad I'm not alone, it's very frustrating that this error impacted so much history in our data files. The quality control of updates has not been great in recent years.

What I did was move back to an earlier data backup pre 50.8 (that I found still had some paycheck splits flattened into a single line, and appeared corrupted), and then did my best to correct what I could, and what I had records of. I super-validated the file (hold control-shift when validating), and they started manual corrections.

I could update paystubs from 3 years back. I had something like ~40 to correct manually, and then three from my current employer I didn't have the paystub any longer, and I had to leave as is.

Finally, since several of my other accounts had been updated since the corruption, I had to do some exports and imports from backup data files into my *new* data file. I went through each register to ensure balance accuracy.

Then several of my banking connections needed to be reset.

Overall - this paycheck bug caused hours of work to try to recover, and having transactions for many years, splits that go against different registers (401k / HSA / etc), there are still errors and discrepancies in the data file transactions. I don't have confidence in my historical data, but I can't do much about it other than accept making register adjustments to ensure correct balances and looking forward. 2023 data forward for me is now accurate.

I hope we can get clarity from Quicken Support if this issue is being investigated and the status of resolution. Having accurate and reliable income tracking from paycheck's is a must!

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7936001/historical-paycheck-transaction-splits-were-removed-in-error#latest
  • AZMike2021
    AZMike2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the comment. I read your other post and we are all having the same issue; my bank accounts, 401k, HSA, investment accounts, etc... where all messed up. I was able to restore from a recent backup (I do this often after learning from past experience), turn sync off like the moderator stated, and recreate the paycheck reminder. All my previous paychecks are still good. The only issue now is when I do an update none of the transaction data is downloading.

My next step is to delink/relink all my accounts and hope it fixes it without causing other issues.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@AZMike2021 you might also try signing out of your Quicken ID and back in. Otherwise, try Reset account before deactivating/reactivating. I also find after deactivating that using Tools>Add Account is a more reliable method of re-Linking the accounts.

• dca7
    dca7 Member
    Options

I have been dealing with this issue. Support was not very apologetic about how much effort it has taken to attempt to resolve this.

• cnchupp
    cnchupp Member ✭✭
    Options
    @dca7 Did they give any instructions, tips or a timeframe for a software fix?
  • cnchupp
    cnchupp Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Kristina said:
    > Hello @AZMike2021,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You mentioned that everything was good in the restored backup until you did a sync. If you turn off the sync with Mobile & Web, does the paycheck information stay correct? To turn sync off, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, then click the Sync switch it it shows Sync is on.
    >
    > Thank you.

@Quicken Kristina, does this paycheck error have to do with mobile syncing?
  • AZMike2021
    AZMike2021 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Kristina, My download is completely hosed. I cannot download for most of my accounts now. I deactived, then tried to reactive but I keep getting error CC-501. How do I get this fixed? It is completely unexceptable at this point!
This discussion has been closed.