R50.8 - One Step Update crashing every time

Options
RobBelcher
RobBelcher Member ✭✭
Just applied the latest update and now one-step update collects my vault password, starts showing the update progress screen and then immediately crashes.

I can't go back to manual entry! :sob:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try re-installing Q. I'm running R50.8 and not having crashes

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DougT0425
    DougT0425 Member
    Options

Hi Rob!! I just posted about the same thing… didn't see your post until afterwards. So, it's not just you. 😥

And of course, the help center is closed… 😡🤬

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RobBelcher and @DougT0425,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Per this article on issues with Quicken crashing, you would want to verify you keep your Quicken file on the C: drive. The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Once you have verified file location and moved it if necessary, please restart your computer.

If the issue persists after the restart, then, as @NotACPA recommended, please try reinstalling your Quicken.

If the issue persists after the reinstall, that indicates the issue may be file specific. To troubleshoot that, first you will want to Validate/Super Validate your file. Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bioman
    Bioman Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Edit: Just started working after 3 trys, so something on their end.

In my case One-step doesn't crash, it just doesn't download anything. The summary screen contains no entries despite showing the "waiting", "processing" status during the process. Also on 50.8 premium. Just started on 6/11, but worked before on R50.8 so maybe something on their end.
  • 4acrefarmer
    4acrefarmer Member
    Options

Same problem as @Bioman here since R50.8. One step Update acts like it's downloading transactions, but when it's done, there are no new transactions. Very frustrating.

• RobBelcher
    RobBelcher Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Kristina said:
    > Hello @RobBelcher and @DougT0425,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Per this article on issues with Quicken crashing, you would want to verify you keep your Quicken file on the C: drive. The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Interesting. My file was stored on the C:\ Drive, however, it's a folder that is synced to the OneDrive cloud. I went into OneDrive and made sure that it was fully synced and released any file locks and that may have resolved the problem. At least my accounts are in the process of syncing now, whereas before it crashed on the first step of updating.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Recently, it has become necessary to pause OneDrive before launching Quicken or Quicken will crash under a number of conditions.

• FFRacer
    FFRacer Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same experience, but the one-step failures seem to apply only to "direct Web Connect" accounts - others interface types update correctly prior to one-step locking up with the DCcounts.

My Quicken file is on C:/, and I have already done Validate and repair - not resolved.

• RobBelcher
    RobBelcher Member ✭✭
    Options

I do see it as definitely OneDrive related. I haven't had to pause it, but now I'm pulling up the sync window to make sure the data file is fully synced after opening Quicken, and that has resolved it for me. If I keep having issues, In may have to move the file out a synced folder, but I really appreciate the automatic backup of every change

This discussion has been closed.