Bill Reminders for 2-week intervals are unstable. How to fix?

Options
I originally posted this problem in Oct 2022:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7921926/bill-reminders-for-2-week-intervals-are-unstable-how-to-fix
For whatever reason, I did not get a notification when someone replied with a request for more information. The thread was later closed. The problem still exists with the latest Quicken update, so I'm repeating the query here, with an update to answer the posted questions.

I have a bill reminder "A" set to repeat every 2 weeks. This is an ordinary manual reminder, not tied to an online biller. The "Remind me [xx] days in advance" field is set to the default 3 days.

When I open Quicken, the next A reminder should be, for example, Oct 18, but instead it is for Nov 1, two weeks later. The following A reminders are spaced two weeks apart.

I edit the A reminder for current and all future instances, setting it to Oct 18 repeating every 2 weeks, and everything looks OK. I enter the Oct 18 reminder into the register for payment. That reminder disappears, as it should, and the next A reminder is for Nov 1, with others spaced 2 weeks apart into the future. Everything still looks OK.

The next time I open Quicken, the first A reminder no longer is Nov 1, but is Nov 15, with future reminders spaced two weeks apart. I have not passed the reminder date -- it is still a week or more in the future -- but what should be the next reminder date has disappeared. This bug is 100% repeatable.

I don't have this problem with any other reminders with intervals of one month or more, just the one set for every 2 weeks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @clamage45,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-6736)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• clamage45
    clamage45 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The sequence to reproduce is this:
    1. Create a reminder repeating every two weeks.
    2. Select the first reminder and enter it into the register. Observe that reminder disappears, and the next one for 2 weeks later (call it reminder 2) is present.
    3. Exit Quicken.
    4. Open Quicken, go to bill reminders. Observe that reminder 2 has disappeared, but later reminders are present.
    Somewhere between exiting and restarting Quicken, a reminder disappeared. What log file created at what point in this sequence should I submit?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@clamage45 more questions:

Are you using mobile or syncing to the Quicken cloud? Have you tried deleting the reminder and recreating a new reminder?

As a workaround, have you considered trying 2 separate reminders each with an every 4 week frequency, offset by 2 weeks?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• clamage45
    clamage45 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do not use mobile Quicken, and I do not sync to the cloud. I don't remember whether I ever deleted the reminder and replaced it. I have not tried creating two 4-week reminders spaced two weeks apart. My other reminders are monthly, yearly, or non-repeating. It's possible the problem is not due specifically to 2 weeks, but to using weeks instead of months.

I will try deleting and replacing first. If no joy, I'll try a pair of 4-week reminders. Thanks for the suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.