NFCU not downloading no faults

Options

I haven't been able to download my NFCU accounts since 6/5/23. no errors, no faults. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the accounts. Still, nothing downloads.

Comments

• Darrenpvr87
    Darrenpvr87 Member
    Options

Also seems like its only one of my many accounts that is not downloading.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Darrenpvr87,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Navy Federal Credit Union? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? You mention that only one of your NFCU accounts is not downloading, what is the account type?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Darrenpvr87
    Darrenpvr87 Member
    Options

Hey Jasmine.

the connection type is Quicken Connect (FDP_DEFAULT).

after the download is complete. quicken does not show any transactions. doesn't show any faults either. it's as if there was nothing to download.

This is a checking account. nfcu labels it as a "Free Easy Checking"

my other accounts are savings and credit cards. that seems to be downloading. although I don't use those accounts as often they won't always have anything to download

• Darrenpvr87
    Darrenpvr87 Member
    Options

i have attemped to disconnect all the nfcu accounts and reconnect them. same thing. nothing downloading.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Darrenpvr87,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connect Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Darrenpvr87
    Darrenpvr87 Member
    Options

Hey Anja.

I just tried signing out and back in. Same result. Once again only that one account isn't downloading. a couple credit card transactions came thru no problem. So I know the user name and password is good.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Darrenpvr87,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps and providing more information.

Next, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Navy Federal Credit Union account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with the checking account not downloading transactions. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 
      Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile.
    7. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Darrenpvr87
    Darrenpvr87 Member
    Options

Followed steps. A new quicken file, and added the account. it downloaded everything….. minus the checking account again. although it shows a live opening balance (that I did not input at all) that is close to the current amount on the NFCU website.

• Darrenpvr87
    Darrenpvr87 Member
    Options

in account setting. "transaction downloads". download all available transactions is selected.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Darrenpvr87,

Thank you for attempting that test file and for coming back to update us.

Due to the previous troubleshooting steps having failed and the same issue occurring within the test file and the main file, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Darrenpvr87
    Darrenpvr87 Member
    Options

not a problem thanks for all the help Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.