CLR check marks missing after upgrade for Mac quicken 7.1.1

Options
Iccanui
Iccanui Unconfirmed, Member

Hi, I have a client that did upgrade to 7.1.1 on a mac and lost all of their checkmarks from the last 6 months for the CLR column for one of his accounts, but not the other. I tried to restore from time machine and from a longer dated local back up, but the CLR checkboxes remain unchecked. Ive read this kind of thing can happen from time to time and sometimes is not resolvable. But as this is a business client of mine, I would really like to resolve this if possible. Is there anything else I can try that im missing ?

Thank you

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have not heard of this happening and it does seem very bizarre.

I think the easiest fix at this point is just to manually checkmark all the transactions that should be checked. This can be done as a batch and should be pretty easy to identify those that should be checked since I think all those before a certain date would need to be checked.

To mark them as checked as a batch, select all the transaction that need to be checked using standard macOS command-click and/or shift-click method. Then right click on any of the selected transactions and choose Set Status of Selected Transactions to…Cleared.

If the account is one that gets reconciled, doing another reconcile should turn these checkmarks from blue squares to green circles. It may take a bit of fiddling to make sure that exactly those more recent transactions that the bank shows as cleared are the ones marked as cleared in the register before reconciling. This should be pretty easy by comparing the bank's website to Quicken.

Before doing any of this, of course, make a backup of the file that you can revert to in case things get messed up.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you checked the Reconciled History to see if Quicken retained any of the information (if it applies)?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Restoring to a backup file should restore things the way they were previously. Unless… the problem is coming from the Quicken Cloud account associated with this data file, which is overwriting the local data. Is Sync turned on? If so, I would turn if off, then Reset the Cloud file (which deletes whatever data is stored online), then restore from a backup, make sure Sync is still off, and see if the problem persists.

And I agree with the suggestion above to check Reconciliation History. It should show at lot of transactions have changed, and lead you to restore them to their previosly-reconciled state.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.